Rebellion Frontier

Haxor

Reaction score
UPDATE: Just finished chapter 2, and its been posted, also forgot to mention that there are typos, and they will be fixed within time

Half life Ep: 3 Rebellion Frontier
Chapter 1

Mark Leon and his close friend of 9 years, Randall Linke, are finally going to see the combine fall.
They both watch atop a Cliffside in White Forest near the rebel base. Mark and Randall where scouting out and reporting to the base where the combine where putting down there striders around the base trying to take out there rocket from the plan that is currently in affect. When they got the word that the combine had fallen back they decided to sit back on the Cliffside and watch the fireworks.
They already saw the missile take off into orbit and wait patiently for what would happen next. They waited eagerly because after this the dynamic duo would finally have a chance to meet Gordon Freeman, and even have a chance to return to there old lives that there mysterious friend, the G-man, took away for this. The G-man had set this up from the beginning, even explained the whole situation and put them at the very beginning of the 7 hour war. The G-man wanted them to survive to the end of the war. They do hope this is the end after 10 long years.
As they wait the rocket in orbit finally manages to destroy the combines super portal stopping any reinforcements waiting to come threw. As they start to cheer they hook up to repel down the mountain they also report in that they will be heading back to base, but all of a sudden there seemed to be interference, then followed a high pitch noise. The noise was to much for Mark or Randall, they took off there headsets only to see them short out in there hands
"What the hell" Says Randall confused
"I don't like this" Replies Mark.
Right after those words both of them experienced a very brutal headache. Mark manages to turn around to see an advisor flying toasted them, Randall grabs Mark and pulls him down to the ground.
"Stay quiet" Randall tells Mark.
The advisor flies over them then descends down towards the hanger. Mark acts, knowing who it could be going after, and quickly telling Randall to follow him as Mark repels down the Cliffside.
Mark as quickly as he can descends the mountain with Randall behind him. Once at the bottom he unhooks and starts to run as fast as he can, Randall having no idea what's happening just follows. As they both are sprinting to follow the advisor Mark starts to fear the worst, especially when he sees it enter the hanger, with another advisor! Being where there both at they wouldn't have enough time to cut through the base, so Mark quickly climbs a tree so he may jump over the fence to enter the hangar. After climbing the tree he hears a lot of noise coming from the hangar only to see one advisor that is very badly injured fly away with another one that was unscathed. Mark hesitated only for a second before jumping the fence from the tree. With Randall close behind him, but really tired. Mark kicks down the door, and it felt as if his heart just skipped a sight he was seeing. Randall came running beside Mark only to feel the same shock and fear Mark was feeling.
"Go check on Gordon." Mark whispers to Randall.
Randall runs around DOG, which was standing beside Alyx Vance who was weeping over the body of Eli Vance. Mark jogs over and kneels down beside Alyx to check Eli for a pulse, Mark felt as if his heart just stopped. He pulls Alyx in to comfort her, Mark looks up at Randall who was looking back at him, and with a jester of his hand Mark tells Randal that Eli is gone. Randall walks over and looks at Mark with a face that can't believe what it just heard.
"Gordon is unconscious." Randall begins in a quiet voice
"Get on the radi and call for the medics hurry." Replies Mark.
Randall gets up and runs over to the intercom and request for medics in hangar A ASAP. He gets a reply of "ok" and "they're on there way" Randall runs over and presses a button that opens the hangar doors, as it starts to open two groups of medics rush in with stretchers, one group goes to get Gordon while the other helps Eli, Mark gets Alyx to stand up with so the second group of medics may pick Eli up. Randall decides to get back on the intercom, and asks for Dr. Kliener, or Dr. Magnusson.
"Yes this Magnusson what's so important that had to interrupt my research of a combine base out by the Borealis?" Answers Magnusson in an irritated voice
"Magnusson its Randall, get Kliener and get down to the med lab, somethings happened."
"What could have happened that needs me AND kliener to be pulled away from our research?"
"Get down to the med lab, it's Eli." It was quiet for while and the medics had started to leave inside the base and Mark was walking Alyx, his shoulder still over hers while she sobbed, inside the base following the medics. Magnusson sighed and answered.
"Alright meet you down there." Magnusson voiced transformed from anger to sadness, knowing that whatever has happened to Eli can't be good.
They all arrive in the med lab, Randall sitting in a chair next to Mark who still comforting Alyx who was calming down but tears ran down her cheek. Magnusson and Kliener walk in, Mark pats Alyx and stands up towards Magnusson Kliener.
"Please if we are going to talk about what happened please, let's talk over here." Mark did say something before either of them could ask what did happened. Mark asked Randall to stay with Alyx while he talked to Kliener and Magnusson; they walked into the room over.
"Okay so what happened?" Asked Kliener in a worried voice.
"I'm not sure completely, me and Randall got there a second too late. The only people who know what happened is Gordon who's knocked out and the doctors who say there's a possibility that he might slip into a coma and Alyx who's in total shock." answered Mark
"Well what did do you see?"
"Well after me and Randall were done on our recon for striders our headsets screeched and after taking them off they shorted out. We turn around and see two advisors flying at us, we ducked down and it headed past us towards the hangar, and yes we had no weapons."
"My god, Gordon can slip into a coma, but what about Eli is he okay?"
"No; he's dead." when Mark uttered those words, the room fell silent. Neither Magnusson nor Kliener had anything to say.
Mark sighs and continued
"Look, stay here with Alyx, me and Randall are going to go look for an advisor."
"And what are you going to do when you find one?" Asked Magnusson
"If there's one close enough, you'll figure it out when you guys feel the shockwave."

Chapter 2
"Please Mark don't be foolish. Alyx lost her father, there's a chance she could lose Gordon, not only must you think about how Alyx would feel if she lost you two, but also our cause. Please reconsider what you’re doing, and what you’re going against." Pleaded Kliener
"Before me and Randall got into the hangar DOG did, and stopped the advisors from probably killing both Alyx and Gordon, but unfortunately to late for him to save Eli. One advisor was badly injured, so if it wanted to live he had to go somewhere close by. In its condition I doubt it's much of a threat." Implied Mark, Magnusson sighed.
"Look Mark if you two are really going to go blow one of things to oblivion then come with me. I'm going to have you take those explosives that Gordon used on the striders, enough of those inside the building an advisor is housed in, and the building will just disappear."
"Alright, Kliener will you stay here with Alyx?"
"Of course, just remember to be careful." The group left the room, Mark gestured for Randall to come with him and Magnusson, Kilener kneeled at Alyx's side to calm her. Randall followed them as they went down to the armory full of Magnusson’s explosives. They arrive down to the armory where other rebel's were sitting around with drinks in there hands.
"Okay you can stop being laying around and help Mark and Randall load however many of my Magnusson devices can fit onto two carts. I will go ahead to see if you can take the vehicle that Gordon and Alyx brought, and to see if as many your going to take will fit on it, and do you know where the advisor is so I can take the vehicle around to that entrance."
"You can take it to the south entrance" Answered Randall
"Alright, see you there." Said Magnusson as he started to leave. Randall and Mark stayed helping the rebels load the Magnusson devices, after being done they stopped by the weapons armory and grabbed a couple of silenced weapons, just in case combine soldiers are there, and they didn’t want the advisor to find out they are. After everything was done they where taking twelve explosives, and headed to the south entrance. They arrived at the south entrance of the White Forest base and headed outside where a greasy rebel soldier was waiting with Gordon and Alyx's car and with a big trailer hitched on the car.
"Mark, Randall? Good to meet you guys. I'm Jesus, the head mechanic here at White Forest." Answered the greased mechanic.
"Thanks Jesus, so our stallion is ready to be loaded up and on its way?" Asked Randall
"You know it, just be careful for two reasons: one your hailing explosives so I would avoid potholes, and two the trailer isn't completely secured so it's going to sway. I also heard that you’re going after an advisor, I'd wish you luck but with as many explosives you’re carrying I doubt you need it." Jesus gave a pat on both of Mark and Randall's shoulder and walked back inside the base. Mark and Randall just looked at each other, and after a quick game of rock, paper, scissors, just to see who can speed back to the base without the trailer, Randall won. After being done loading the trailer Mark hops into the driver seat with Randall in the passenger, after starting the engine Randall pulls out a folded piece of paper and begins to unfold it just a bit to reveal a small portion of a map. He drags his finger along the map and nods with a smile, Randall hands the slightly folded map to Mark taps up at a red circle marked "White Forest" and drags his finger away from the base on a road leading to the alleged barn where an advisor should be. Mark drives up to a gate where a rebel stands next to a keypad, he walks up to Randall's side since he was closest, looking at the trailer of explosives at the same time.
"Mark and Randall, where you guys heading?"
"Going to blow some stuff up" Answered Mark
"Sure you got enough explosives?" Replied the rebel
"We'd take more but apparently we reached our limit" Said Randall as they all laughed.
"Alright I'm open the gate for ya, good luck" Said the rebel walking to the keypad
"Thanks see you when we get back." Said Randall.
The gate opened and Mark drove through easily making there way down a slightly inclined hill. After making a good way down the hill onto a road Mark stops the car on a cliff side and looks through a one-eyed binocular and is able to see a side of the barn.
“Perfect come on” Says Mark turning off the car and then stepping out onto the closer to the Cliffside. Randall follows kneeling down next to Mark as Mark looks around the barn for any Combine soldiers
“That’s strange.” Says Mark
“What is, what do you see?” Asked Randall
“That’s the thing; I don’t see anything, or anybody. It looks empty”
“Well looks can be deceiving, so what do you want to do?”
“I say we go in, but stay frosty who knows who or what could be hiding in the surrounding buildings.” Said Mark as he stands up with Randall as they both walk back to the car, after they both get into the car he continues to drive, but slower then they he originally was, only to make sure combine don’t catch them off guard. Randall took Mark’s advice ahead of time and already pulled out his silenced SMG looking at the buildings and everywhere else so he could be ready for anything. They finally pull up to side of the barn and are quickly hit by a familiar headache, they climb out of the car and hear electrical devices coming from inside, and quite loud.
They turn the corner carefully to see still no combine, after walking up to the side door of the barn Randall tries the door and it’s locked.
“Damn, shall we go up?” Asked Randall, pointing upwards at the awning above the door in front of them.
“Yea sure but lets not-“ Before Mark is able to tell Randall, he tries the awning only to find out its too old to support his weight and Randall falls on his back. At the sound of Randall falling along with metal, Mark quickly looks around making sure no combine heard them.
“So shall we try using that ladder that’s right there” Says Mark helping Randall up and pointing at a ladder.
“Yea I suppose that could work”
They grab the ladder and place it gently place it on the side of the barn and climb up. They climb up, and peak into a hole in the barn, more or less made by the advisor, to see 3 combine soldiers inside. The soldiers were just combine elites, except for one that had markings on his helmet and uniform. Randall pulls out his weapon and readies to attack.
“Wait, there something different about that one” Says Mark pointing to the Combine with markings on him. “Lets try to capture him; he looks like he knows something important”
“Okay, so how you want to do this then, I get the one of left?” Replies Randall
“Okay, then I will grab that special elite and kill the other one, and don’t shoot until I drop in.”
“Okay got it.” With that Mark drops in, and once he hits the floor next to the special elite Randall kills the one behind Mark, Mark grabs the Elite as a shield and kills the other, and swiftly knocks out the elite.
“Huh, for looking special, I would’ve thought for him to put up a bit more of a challenge” Said Randall
“If we didn’t pull that off so clean he probably would’ve. Okay lets get him into the car and get the explosives” Says Mark walking to the main barn doors shooting off a padlock, and opening them. Mark walks over grabs the elite buy his shoulders and Randall gets his legs, they carry his over to the car and are able to pop the trunk open and toss him in. Randall backs the trailer of explosives into the barn with the help of mark, and park the trailer of explosives right under the advisors pod, still hearing the electrical equipment, and also being hit with another headache. Mark tosses a C4 satchel onto the pile of explosives and jogs into the passenger seat with Randall, as they peel out Mark fidgets with the detonator in his hand, after climbing there way back up the mountain, Mark detonates it. The explosion trembles the forest behind them, and Randall almost lost control for a second. They make it back up the hill, to the same gate they left through to be greeted by the same rebel they saw when they left.
“Damn, now I really wish I had a camera. Two great sights and I didn’t have a camera to catch either of them.” Said the rebel rubbing the back of his head.
“Same here buddy, where can we take the car?” Asked Randall
“Just drive it into the garage entrance right over there.” Answered the rebel pointing to the garage.
“Thanks” Said Randall “And hey Mark, what are we going to do with this combine? Whispered Randall
“Interrogate him of course, we just need a room.” Whispered back Mark as they pulled into the garage.
Mark walks over to a radio, “Is there anyone that could tell me what room I could use for interrogation?” Says Mark into the radio
“To interrogate what though?” Replied someone on the intercom
“What else but a combine?”

Absolutely, I couldn't stop reading.

is this feedback for real??? :DDDD thx, its only three but hey better then none

Hey guys thought I'd ask real quick. I'm half way done with the 3rd chapter, would you wanna see what i have now, or wait until its done?

Back