Red Eyes...

Dr.Sbaitso

Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed the red eyed combine soldier? What is that all about, THEORIES!

007.jpg

If you look closely, it looks very slightly like he's wearing goggles.. possibly. Maybe NV or IR?

Right he is wearing goggles and that is not any flame reflection.

Okay lets bring in some physics, presuming the goggles were clear normally, what colour does a white coloured objected look like when yellow/orange light it shined on it? Yellow/Orange is the answer, I don't think it has anything to do with goggles or any weird ass stuff, just to do with the surrounding flames/light.

Red lenses? His eyes are on fiyah? If we're going for the goggles IR'd be my guess, hence NV is green in my dreams...

ìt cant be the reflection of the flames because the flames are behind him. And I know that there arent any flames infront off him because if it was then you would see it in his suit also. wich is not the case

I would've guessed that they were somthing goggle based.

When you think special ops team you have to picture them with either IR or NV goggles :p

it is definatly some kind of infared goggles.. it would all make sense because he is walking in these dark rooms.

pardon my ignorance, where is this SS from?

Must be a reasonably early shot - the writing on his arm is alphabetic and not those Combine-alien glyphs.

Gotta love that Fallout2 style electric LED for the HUD... :D

Indeed.. I really like the simple huds. I hate the Ut2K3 huds and similar. DOOM³ has a nice simple hud also.

we dont know if there are flames infront of him somewhere...

so my guess is the flame thing :p

The guy is a robot; he can turn his eyes on and off. Reminds me of Enclave soldier from Fallout 2. Eh..

Fire in front of someone wouldnt make their eyes turn red. Have you ever seen your cat at night in the dark, sometimes there eyes look almost pure yellow or red if you look at them the right way, the same thing happens with humans. They probably are goggles like everyone said and are because it is a blatant red color like in infared goggles.

Originally posted by Dr.Sbaitso
Has anyone else noticed the red eyed combine soldier? What is that all about, THEORIES!

007.jpg

dude wow. Just have nothing else to talk about? Dude its some kind of NV goggles and you know it. Or they could be aliens. Why ask us, we dont know any more than you. So whatever you think it is, we cant think much better. Wait till more info comes out rather than start stupid threads. I havent started a thread in a while cuz there's nothing else to talk about.

We all know they are goggles, but about what do we need to talk about.. we have discussed everything. Therefore we are going to overanalize everything and try to find mode pointless threds to keep this forum alive. we have 4 months left untill the game hits shelves and then this forum will be soo crowded wit all cool and new things to discuss that will keep us busy untill we get some news about hl3. in the mean time we will keep starting these pointless threads and overanalize things and you cant stop us.

:D.. I am in your: I like list :D - man.. I am dah greatest evah

edit: w00t.. my 250 post. if I now repeat every comment I made on this forum another 3 times then I have 1000 post's and I can have a custom title.. its all worth it :p

yeah...there are loads of pointless threads out there :(, anyway like that hi res pic tho :)

Originally posted by EVIL
We all know they are goggles, but about what do we need to talk about.. we have discussed everything. Therefore we are going to overanalize everything and try to find mode pointless threds to keep this forum alive. we have 4 months left untill the game hits shelves and then this forum will be soo crowded wit all cool and new things to discuss that will keep us busy untill we get some news about hl3. in the mean time we will keep starting these pointless threads and overanalize things and you cant stop us.

well i guess in a way you make a good point sorta kinda maybe. BUT! If i were to start a new thread, it were perhaps to be something about..... NOTHING i guess, maybe thats why i havent started one lol. Well im sure new info will come within the next week or two. They wouldnt just give us these videos and leave us hangin for like a month or more. So till then I guess nothing but speculation and my bitching towards it. :cheese: :bounce:

its proably Thermal goggles...or they just made the eyes red to make them look more scary ;)

Lets keep it at the thermal infared goggles and leave this thread. it has been discussed

Maybe he is a Combine General, or some higher form of soldier identified by his goggle color. /shrug

maybe 3D glasses are teh cool thing for combine soldiers.

duh....what if its just for the flash from the guy who took the screen of him...duh...(you know like red eyes from photos):cheese:

Woah some people are testy, i was just asking what people thought they could be ir googles they could be flames or maybe they could be something else i dont know that is why i asked for some theories since we dont have info, just to give some people something to talk about. Are you going to go to the Half Life 2 Theories thread and say "Shut the **** up, you guys have nothing better to do than think up stupid shit. Just wait till info is released" Well that whole thread is just for speculation and to talk about something as is this one. That is all, and if you dont want to read threads about specualtion then stop coming to the message boards you jackass becuase since we dont have any info right now we can only speculate cause "we have nothing better to do".

lol.. see what happens when we are are chewing the last bits of hl2info

i think it's just a normal combine soldier.. why his eyes are red? possibly because of the low lighting lets the lighting in his mask be shown.. but who knows? and more importantly who cares?

there are diffrent tipe of combines. you have the cop combines as seen in the arresting picture, and you will have military combines as seen in the barny vid etc. there are diffrent kind of combines, combines with white masks, and combines with black mask etc.

just like you have privats, generals, sargents etc.

i didnt see the barney video, can someone spit a link?:bounce:

Originally posted by [Hunter]Ridic
i didnt see the barney video, can someone spit a link?:bounce:
it's the one where gordon uses grenades.. the one where he shoots the combine soldier from high above and watches him fall.. the combine are behind a bright orange barricade.. i'm sure you saw it.. (maybe not) .. the guy who says "we thought black mesa was as bad as it gets"

o ok. yea i saw that but i didnt see any barney.

It's his glasses! He just has tinted glasses :)

btw I wonder if my TNT2 m64 can handle this gfx violence.... guess not eh ;(

just ordered my ATIRadeon9700pro today...it will prolly get here by monday...yay time to play some games, and actually enjoy it!

anyone want a gforce2 mx400 ? :p

Back