Reepblue's Portal 2 Features in Portal

Hectic Glenn

Site Director
Staff member
Reaction score
Some of you guys might be familiar with Portal mapper reepblue who has done tons of maps over the past few years for Portal. He's also lead mapper on Blue Portals, one of the most anticipated Portal mods.

Anyway he's made a Portal 1 map with loads of Portal 2 features including:
-Ariel Faith plates
-Laser Cubes
-Thermal Discouragement Beam
-Diversity Vents
-Repulsion Gel!

The gel is awesome, you can even portal it in blobs across chambers. It doesn't work as fluidly as it looks in Portal 2 but it works. I played these few maps which is pretty much a tech demo, nothing too difficult, takes 20 mins'ish. Really good fun and cleverly made. Try it out for an early take on Portal 2!

Download: http://myaperturelabs.com/file.php?id=401

edit: If anyone struggles installing this let me know and I'll post a short guide.

Interesting. I'll give it a try, and maybe work out the kinks for Portal 2.

Thanks, Glenn. I'll give this a go in the morning.

I'm struggling to get this to work Glenn. May I ask for a few pointers?

OK I assume you mean installing it. You need to download the mod first of all which comes with several folders, you then need to download the patch (update) and copy that over the several folders. You then copy this entire folder into your Portal folder here: steam/steamapps/username/portal/portal.

You then launch the reepblue map by finding it in the 'bonus maps' section on the Portal in-game menu. (or it could be custom maps, I'll need to check).

If you're still having trouble let me know what your specific problem is and I can detail the steps further if need be.

Nope that did it. I thought I was supposed to install it into the "source mod" folder. Thanks for the help.

I'm half tempted to try this, but at the same time I want to save myself for Portal 2! Sort of like a Nun, Sex and God.

It's a good map, but it takes a lot of trial and error (death) when you're expected to put these new tools into practice.

try the vmf file download in portal2stuffs mappack,it teaches you to make portal 2 stuffs

Uh...ever since I installed this...there's been no aiming cursor when I play normally. Is there any way to fix this without re-installing the whole thing?

Delete the mod folder or any other custom maps you have installed.

If that doesn't work, validate your Portal files through Steam. Right click Portal, properties > file tab > validate integrity of game cache.

Yeah, deleting the mods gets it back. I might just get the last few acheivements in Portal, then put the mod back in until Portal 2 comes out, then delete it again.

Back