Refugee from Gamespy's PlanetHalflife/fortress/quake boards intro

Capt Quark

Medic
Reaction score
I was a long time poster from the days of planethalflife, planetfortress, and planetquake (some). The powers that be shut them down some time ago.

It's funny how you develop friendships on gaming message boards and get sentimental/emotional when the boards are gone. I hope I'm not the only one like that :(

Any other refugees from those message boards here?

In my best Dr. Breen voice:

Welcome, welcome to valvetime2.net. You have chosen, or been chosen, to relocate to one of our finest remaining web sites. I thought so much of valvetime2.net that I elected to establish my account here in the servers so thoughtfully provided by our benefactors. I've been proud to call valvetime2.net my home. And so, whether you are here to stay or passing through to parts unknown, welcome to valvetime2.net; it's safer here.

You're not alone. I've been on PHL (back when it was called contaminated.net) since the beginning. I miss Fragmaster and his articles.

You're not alone. I've been on PHL (back when it was contaminated.net) since the beginning. I miss Fragmaster's articles.

Who could forget Walter's World? I used to enjoy reading those.

Not a day goes by without someone sending me anthrax laced emails complaining of the name change from halflife2.net.

But yes, welcome to this corner, I'm sorry your other usual haunts have thrown in the towel, these kind of websites play second fiddle to reddit and social media these days. For better or worse, I'm not sure. Think we got some PHL and HLFallout refugees somewhere in the abyss...

I was a long time poster from the days of planethalflife, planetfortress, and planetquake (some). The powers that be shut them down some time ago.

I was a long time planetcstrike (I think?) member. I haven't been active there since 2008. :/

Back