Rest in Peace

Barnz

Retired Content Creator
Staff member
Reaction score
Bill.

You will be missed.
2008-2010​

You a-hole. I am stupid and didn't realize what you were talking about until I clicked your spoiler. Haha

The spoiler tag is there for a reason. It's your fault.

It was released for Xbox 360 almost 12 hours ago.

You can see his corpse at the finale level. Damn, he was my favourite character.

So what was the map called in L4D? And has that been released? If not when?

Am I the only one who thought that considering Bill had been killed, the old survivors were damn breezy about it. Terrible.

No, you're not the only one.

Anyone got a shot of
dead Bill
as I completely missed it during my "getting to know the maps single player playthrough".

NM, seen it on the tube.

Am I the only one who thought that considering Bill had been killed, the old survivors were damn breezy about it. Terrible.

The thing is, they're stuck in the middle of the apocalypse, you don't really have the time or the resources to grieve. I think it's a realistic reaction.

Perhaps the L4D campaign they're releasing will end with Bill dying and get a bit more of the reaction from the survivors (that or the comic).

Well I think we can all agree that a zombie Bill is in order.

Well I think we can all agree that a zombie Bill is in order.

Doesn't work that way sadly, you have to be alive to become infected and since Bill and the others were immune he can only be killed by damage from zombies. Theres another example of a survivor who has been killed in an office chair somewhere in the first building on the first map of the Passing. He has a bite in his neck which means he never came a zombie but was instead just killed.

Was Louis' leg broken?

And...

Notice how when they die in-game they're just like "Oh no, hes dead." and move on? That probably applies here.

Zoey normally makes a big deal out of it when someone dies. That said, they still move on straight away.

Louis also sometime says (when killing a tank in L4D2):

This is for Bill!

Valve could have done a good job of making a character's permanent death in The Passing. Unfortunately, it was total weaksauce. Why even bother?

At the end of mine, my characters went "Do you think we should've told them?" "Nah, its tough enough out there already." Probably Implying that L4D characters didn't know Bill died yet.

Back