Rick Perry's embarrassing brain fart

Holy shit. I thought this one was bad, but god damn. I almost felt bad for him in this one. That shit was embarrassing.

Hey guys, guess who was deputy governor while Bush was governor of Texas.

Anyone else think he sounds much more effeminate than he looks? Just an observation.

I believe this moment of weakness is understandable. Rick Perry, the last time I checked, is a human, and I'm pretty sure humans aren't infallible. Why, I'm almost certain that Obama has also had his fair share of cerebral diarrhea before; it's just that the denizens of this site only expose the blunders of a specific party. Republican Party = not cool, right?

you mean forgetting one of his key points? I high school debate team wouldn't forget something like that.

Come on guys it's not like he'd repeated the same argument 30 times daily for half a year already.

I believe this moment of weakness is understandable. Rick Perry, the last time I checked, is a human, and I'm pretty sure humans aren't infallible. Why, I'm almost certain that Obama has also had his fair share of cerebral diarrhea before; it's just that the denizens of this site only expose the blunders of a specific party. Republican Party = not cool, right?

A slip of the tongue like Obama's infamous "57 states" comment is one thing, but completely forgetting a point as important as which massive government agency you'd cut (a rather weighty decision that carries a lot of complex repercussions) is another thing. Especially If he'd put as much thought into the matter as I'd hope someone would.

Rick Perry, the last time I checked, is a human

As other people have noted, this was not some small boo-boo on Perry's part. If he wants to restructure government, he needs to at least know the names of the shit he wants to gut. But on another note, I'm looking for exceptional people for presidential candidates. That brain fart is something I could give a pass on for a lower position. But when we're talking about running the most powerful nation on the planet, I want somebody who can at least appear to be on top of their game, not fumbling through it. The reality is that Rick Perry went into the race as a candidate first without any real ideas or solutions for the country. He's coming up with them as he goes along and it shows whenever he opens his mouth. I don't want a normal, bumbling human as my leader, y'know?

You are right about the Republican Party not being cool though. But to be fair, the Democratic Party was only cool when Obama ran for relection. Now they're back to being the same impotent wimps they've been for the last half-century.

This might have more to do with him vomiting up talking points rote rather than having a genuine understanding of our government. Brain farts are different than being a disingenuous tool. Plus his choices are ****ing stupid obviously

Aside from the brain fart, it always baffles me that people can seriously announce they'd get rid of Education and not realize how horrible that sounds. Way to blatantly promote stupidity.

A slip of the tongue like Obama's infamous "57 states" comment is one thing, but completely forgetting a point as important as which massive government agency you'd cut (a rather weighty decision that carries a lot of complex repercussions) is another thing. Especially If he'd put as much thought into the matter as I'd hope someone would.

No, I mean this(apologies for the title):

Just reinforces my point that humans are not infallible. It's just that we all love to laugh at Republicans when they make the exact same mistakes as Democrats. They both mutter, stumble, bumble, and stutter. It's true that Rick Perry has been on a treacherous road since his comment on illegal immigration, but I'm willing to give him a chance to get his shit together and focus on his key points. Every candidate has made their share of blunders and every candidate has something to worry about.

Well, for one, Obama did get made fun of quite a bit for that, and secondly, he handled that a lot better than Perry did.

It's just that we all love to laugh at Republicans when they make the exact same mistakes as Democrats.
We're not laughing at them because they made a mistake. We're laughing at them because they're bigger assholes than the other side and would damage the country far more. Anything that would decrease their chances of getting elected is a good thing.

the difference is that Perry is an idiot all the time not just occasionally

theres a whole mess of differences as have been noted. perry forgetting one of the staples of his campaign tactics != messing up some words in a speech, obviously.

but the more important thing to note here is what the hell does Democrats sucking have to do with Republicans sucking? they both suck, is this some sort of separate but equal system: if you give one candidate some shit for being a retard, you need to give separate but equal shit to the other party?

You need to give equal time to their ideas as well as their ****-ups. Otherwise it's not democracy!

Back