Ringer - Sarah Michelle Gellar Returns to TV

Lucid

The Freeman
Reaction score
5Mid5.jpg

PQi8O.jpg

Twin sisters Bridget and Siobhan (both played by Gellar) have been at odds for the last eight years and find that their lives are both unraveling at the same rate. Bridget, a recovering alcoholic, is on the run from the mob after witnessing a murder. She flees to her twin sister Siobhan's home. The sisters seem to be repairing their broken relationship until Siobhan mysteriously disappears overboard during a boat trip the sisters take together. Bridget soon discovers her sister's seemingly perfect life is full of secrets after she is attacked in Siobhan's home.

Comic-Con Promo
[h=3]Main cast[/h] Sarah Michelle Gellar as Bridget Kelly/Siobhan Martin. Bridget, a young troubled woman wanted by the mob, goes on the run and takes on the life of her recently departed, wealthy twin sister Siobhan.[SUP]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ringer_(TV_series)#cite_note-5[/SUP]

Nestor Carbonell as Victor Machado, an FBI agent whose job it is to keep Bridget safe.[SUP]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ringer_(TV_series)#cite_note-6[/SUP]

Ioan Gruffudd as Andrew Martin, a self-made millionaire whose marriage to Siobhan is struggling as he deals with his work and keeping his daughter out of trouble.
Mike Colter as Malcolm Ward, a recovering addict who serves as Bridget's NA sponsor.

Tara Summers as Gemma Butler, Siobhan's best friend.[SUP]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ringer_(TV_series)#cite_note-benanti-8[/SUP]

Kristoffer Polaha as Henry Butler, Gemma's husband, who works as a writer, is unhappy with his life and having an affair with Siobhan.[SUP]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ringer_(TV_series)#cite_note-Polaha-9[/SUP]

Zoey Deutch as Juliet Martin, Siobhan's step-daughter, the daughter of Andrew.

Premieres tonight at 9 on The CW.

I personally can't wait if only because I've been dying to see SMG on another TV show ever since Buffy ended and the premise actually sounds really cool.

I personally can't wait if only because I've been dying to see SMG on another TV show ever since Buffy ended and the premise actually sounds really cool.

I can't say I've seen her in much (The Grudge, Cruel Intentions, I Know What You Did Last Summer) and I wasn't into Buffy, and with all of that in mind, I can't say that I ever considered her to be even a decent actress.

You'd really have to get into Buffy to appreciate her, I suppose.

Pretty much every movie she appeared in was dog shit.

No? I just thought HL2net had a few Buffy fans that would appreciate knowing that she's back on TV.

Cripes, someone needs to remind me to stop making TV show threads on this site.

Having seen most of Buffy, I have a soft spot for SMG but she's not great. Or rather, she's good at what she does, but her range is kind of limited to "helpless girly girl," "badass girly girl" and "sad."

This looks like it could be good, anyway. I sometimes have a bit of a problem with these faked identity stories because they tend to be very liberal with what the faker can get away with and still convince the people who are meant to be closest to them. Can be pretty tense if done well, though.

From the interviews I've read it's supposed to be much more complex than it looks on the surface.
But, that could just be them trying to mask how shallow it could potentially be.

Never liked her in anything I watched with her in it, plus its got Nestor Carbonelle in it playing another FBI agent? I'll pass.

I'd give this one a try, but only watching this with my girlfriend. it seems like something we'd both get into but thats only after we start and finish the Wire series

I loved (well, still love) Buffy.

So yeah, I watched this. It was decent, definitely not mind-blowing awesome but not bad. Can't say if it will hold my interest the whole series, but I'll watch the next couple of episodes.

She's an alright actress, might turn out ok.

**** buffy,my brother used to like it so I had to let him the tv when it was on,the thing is that it was shown late at night so in the middle of the dam show I looked at my brother and he was sleeping instead of watching it

Back