Rupert Murdoch Gets Shaving Foam Pie In Face

Stylo

The Freeman
Reaction score
Hilarity ensues.

The investigation into the phone hacking scandal of News International ended like this.

A protester smacked media titan Rupert Murdoch in the face with a shaving-cream pie just as his Parliamentary hearing was winding down Tuesday.
Murdoch's wife, Wendi Deng, leapt to his defense, slapping at the pie-thrower. Then she picked up the pie plate and tried to hit the attacker with it.

Arrested was Jonathan May-Bowles, aka Jonnie Marbles, a comedian and activist with UK Uncut, which protests corporate bigwigs who avoid paying taxes.

"You are a greedy billionaire," CNN reported he said.

Also, this is what it looked like live on tele although you don't really see much. James Murdoch's useless reaction and Mrs. Murdoch throwing a good hard slap get seen pretty well, though.

Unlucky, Murdoch.

I expected him to come out of the investigation with egg on his chin but instead he got pie in his face.

Talk about a Foam Hacking Scandal. I be he's eating humble pie, now.

Custard.

totally worth it, and seems like an easy way to get your 15 minutes of fame

That pie got everywhere. All over the thrower and the cops too.

It also still cracks me up that your police over there still wear those silly hats.

41605_2242046800_3361_n.jpg

dudley doright's hat is far more menacing

That pie got everywhere. All over the thrower and the cops too.

It also still cracks me up that your police over there still wear those silly hats.

Its to fool the sniper into thinking he's got an easy shot

We refer to them casually as "Bobby" hats. Although a lot of Police don't wear those on duty anymore.

It's more common to see Officers without helmets or wearing these kinds of hats:
espolicecap1990mid.jpg

What an attention seeking ****head that dipshit who tried to hit him with the pie is. This is a serious inquiry into a serious matter where Murdoch should presumably be getting crucified, but instead everyone is feeling sympathy for him and applauding his courage to continue with the proceedings because this idiot wanted his 15 minutes of fame. What a goddamn retard.

What an attention seeking ****head that dipshit who tried to hit him with the pie is. This is a serious inquiry into a serious matter where Murdoch should presumably be getting crucified, but instead everyone is feeling sympathy for him and applauding his courage to continue with the proceedings because this idiot wanted his 15 minutes of fame. What a goddamn retard.

What? Are you watching Fox News or something? Because thats the only channel showing any sympathy whatsoever for the prick (because he owns the station).

How do you even manage to sneak a pie in to something like this?

How do you even manage to sneak a pie in to something like this?

Well, the integrity of the force who were supposed to be securing the Investigation is being called into question over it. Not just that the foam pie was brought in but that Jonnie Marbles actually managed to hit Murdoch in the face with it. You can even see one of the Officers run in on the video and he's nowhere near even after Murdoch got pied. Couldda been a plate of shivs, really.

I love how the guy says " this is an outrage" or some sort in the most nonchalant voice ever.

"Outrageous" he stated as he lowered his tobacco pipe and removed his monocle from his eye.

Did the policeman take the dude's picture with a camera phone there?

It's not surprising, after all Murdoch has his finger in a lot of pies. Imagine if the perpetrator brought a weapon though, could have been a close shave. Guess he isn't exactly cream of the crop.

I'm hoping that this is just a lathering up for a huge legal ****ing for murdoch

Did the policeman take the dude's picture with a camera phone there?

Dunno if it was a phone but I assume it was for evidence. There's been some reports Murdoch's wife actually drew blood when she open-palmed the perp in the face, too.

Back