S A W 2

Rgr read about that few days ago. Cant believe they announced it so fast.
Wow cant wait.

My penis passed out when I read that...

Rule number 1#
DON'T MAKE A HORROR SEQUEL!

saw was an excellent flick, very scary and freaky, very very interesting, and overall very enthralling. i hope the sequel does it justice.

SAW 2

This time, its personal.
He's going for the other leg

Horror sequels generally ruin the story really...But meh.

Hopefully this time we get to see a few rooms on the go, not just one.

What the hell is wrong with you people? Saw was horrible. Maybe the lack of good films over the past few years has numbed everyones sense of a good horror movie.

Saw was the worst written piece of garbage I have ever paid to see. The story was full of holes that didn't make any sense whatsoever, and all it did was made me realize I could've written something better.

Biggest plot hole I discovered:

That Zeb character... when the killer tells him hes got that slow acting poison in his veins, and the only way to get the antidote is to kill a mother and daughter... well what the hell?? the GUY FRIGGIN WORKS AT A HOSPITAL!! not only that, but unlike the rest of the victims, Zep was free to roam around and go wherever he pleased. Especially once the doctor was chained in that room with the real killer on the floor... Zep knew where the guy was at all times! AND HE WORKED FOR A FRIGGIN HOSTPIAL! i'm sure if he checked himself in and said hey i got some poison in me, take a look, that someone could find an antidote. RIDICULOUS!!

God damn it, please somebody make better horror movies!! How the hell will there be a sequel to this anyway!!

THE KILLER HAS A FRIGGIN TERMINAL DISEASE!! HOW IS HE COMING BACK!!

I could go on for an hour about why this movie was ridiculous and crappy, but I'll leave it at that. Also, the audience I watched the movie with burst out laughing towards the end as the doctor was you-know-whating his leg. The movie fell apart after the first half hour, and would've been much better had it only been shot in that one room. It would've built up the insanity without all the uneeded flashbacks for backstory (very cheap way at telling a story in the first place, shows the writer's pulled this movie right out of their ass.)

As for a horror movie, it didn't make me flinch once. The gore was so minimal it was comical, and you didn't even care if the characters died or not because of poor character development. Who the hell even compared this movie to silence of the lambs or seven?? those movies were 1000000x better than this...

i agree it was full of plot holes and stuff but really though, i liked it a lot.

poksmote said:
What the hell is wrong with you people? Saw was horrible. Maybe the lack of good films over the past few years has numbed everyones sense of a good horror movie.

Saw was the worst written piece of garbage I have ever paid to see. The story was full of holes that didn't make any sense whatsoever, and all it did was made me realize I could've written something better.

That Zeb character... when the killer tells him hes got that slow acting poison in his veins, and the only way to get the antidote is to kill a mother and daughter... well what the hell?? the GUY FRIGGIN WORKS AT A HOSPITAL!! not only that, but unlike the rest of the victims, Zep was free to roam around and go wherever he pleased. Especially once the doctor was chained in that room with the real killer on the floor... Zep knew where the guy was at all times! AND HE WORKED FOR A FRIGGIN HOSTPIAL! i'm sure if he checked himself in and said hey i got some poison in me, take a look, that someone could find an antidote. RIDICULOUS!!

God damn it, please somebody make better horror movies!! How the hell will there be a sequel to this anyway!!

I could go on for an hour about why this movie was ridiculous and crappy, but I'll leave it at that. Also, the audience I watched the movie with burst out laughing towards the end as the doctor was you-know-whating his leg. The movie fell apart after the first half hour, and would've been much better had it only been shot in that one room. It would've built up the insanity without all the uneeded flashbacks for backstory (very cheap way at telling a story in the first place, shows the writer's pulled this movie right out of their ass.)

As for a horror movie, it didn't make me flinch once. The gore was so minimal it was comical, and you didn't even care if the characters died or not because of poor character development. Who the hell even compared this movie to silence of the lambs or seven?? those movies were 1000000x better than this...

I read the 1st few lines and decided i should leave your simple mind to be. Its ok we wont make fun of you anymore.

saw was excellent... the ending was nearly orgasmic... what a great flick. as for your 'plot holes', those are pretty weak. not really even plot holes. there are many, many poisons for which hospitals might not have antidotes for. hell, the guy could've made his own poison and his own antidote.

the story made complete sense, and the directing was superb. please stop acting like you were above this movie in some way. case and point, silence of the lambs sucked. se7en was excellent, good choice.

there's a difference between scary and freaky and/or creepy. i dont believe this movie was intended to scare anyone really. to call this movie 'garbage' when the grudge is still in theaters is totally asinine.

I'm definately gonna see the first one if it get's to the norwegian cinemas soon.

And announcing a sequel already ? That can't be good.

I watched Saw last night and although the idea was pretty sound there were just a few things that bothered me.

Many of my friends before I went to watch it said they felt 'cheated' when they found out who the real killer was and after watching I tend to agree. Plot holes aside the guy from the hospital who everyone thought it was should not have been seen till the guy says "who's the guy in the photo" (refering to the pic taken outside the docs house), then it should have cut to him. Showing him so early left me thining "yeah right!"

Oh, and just because they wanted to make a carbon copy of Seven doesnt mean they had to use the only black guy who'd sign on as the detective. Danny Glover was terrible.

And the chinese dude.. was he firing blanks? Granted a shotty's pellets spread, but surley some of them hit JS's back?

Saw was great...I don't care about itty bitty things like him working in a hospital lol..if you look too much into the film like thats of course its gonna ruin it...

I just saw Saw today, and all I have to say is sick and twisted. I loved it.
I first thought the ending was going to suck, seeing as they killed the "mastermind", but then the dead guy in the middle of it all got up. Totally awesome.
I'll definately be seeing Saw 2

On a side note, I'm also going see Ring Two

poksmote said:

judging by how you've analyzed the movie i would conclude that you are studying or have studied something in the film industry and therefore you THINK you know whats what
sadly, you dont
this movie is a fine piece of art, loopholes or not

othello said:
saw was excellent... the ending was nearly orgasmic... what a great flick. as for your 'plot holes', those are pretty weak. not really even plot holes. there are many, many poisons for which hospitals might not have antidotes for. hell, the guy could've made his own poison and his own antidote.

the story made complete sense, and the directing was superb. please stop acting like you were above this movie in some way. case and point, silence of the lambs sucked. se7en was excellent, good choice.

there's a difference between scary and freaky and/or creepy. i dont believe this movie was intended to scare anyone really. to call this movie 'garbage' when the grudge is still in theaters is totally asinine.

It's funny how people rant about someone criticizing a movie or game and then do the exact same thing in the same sentence:

silence of the lambs sucked.

Silence of the lambs was a superb film. SAW was alright, they should have kept it in the same room, without the flashbacks, much like phonebooth - that works. I found the ending alittle silly, but it was a well made and throughly entertaining film all the same.

saw was excellent

the announcement of the sequel made me very queezy and being as how the original director and writer aren't directly involved just made me worry very much so...i won't go and see it unless someone says its so good, it makes you jizz in the eye of a turtle

oldagerocker said:
Silence of the lambs was a superb film. SAW was alright, they should have kept it in the same room, without the flashbacks, much like phonebooth - that works. I found the ending alittle silly, but it was a well made and throughly entertaining film all the same.

That would have been good, but only if-
The script had been amazing

Just listening to the mediocre dialogue between the two guys would have driven me insane. I think basically if it had been kept in the one room it would end up being a completely different movie.

The only main reasom why these guys hate it is coz the movie of too 'violent' for them, if so then go watch somethin like alfie or the incredibles and stop naggin about how bad the movie was!

Saw had a nice twisted plot with stupidly bad actors. (I usually love Cary Elwes.) The movie was ruined by bad acting, and I don't think it was composed very well.

Back