Sdk

The sdk is currently only available for selected mods i.e Cs/DOD and so on.

The sdk will be available with the retail, and i assume for download when you can buy HL2 (the 30th of september)

Valve said in one of the interviews: the hl2 sdk should be public in august.

It's now september... really strange isn't it?!

it was made public to the respected mod teams in august, but only if you could get to seatle, so they could give the mod teams training in it and cause valve didn't want it to leak over the net

I really don't know why they would be so worried about that...I mean, it will be freely distributed over the net anyways...and its not like you could hack the SDK and be able to play Half-Life 2 in its entirety.

theres a ton of things you could see via the SDK though, so i understand them, hell they might have even water marked each SDK per team , so if anything leaks, you can tell where it came from...and then Valve will just have to kill them ;-)

They should just realease the SDK, theres really nothing we can do with it...maybe look at all the monsters or the weapons... BIG WHOOP! The SDK using the saource engine is probably so advanced it hurts durring use. They should atleast give us smething to fiddle with ebfore i exlode with anxiaty:bounce:

Thx 4 your help.
But i need some Programs for modeling (Playermodels & Weapons ) , mapping. If you know any files, tools or Programs, write down pls.

gerZ. n!k0n

its a lot harder than just downloading the program i tried it once got stuck and just stuck to appreciating other peoples mods :).

Hey guys don't you know any tool i can work with? 3d studi max? or modelmaker from maxon? :dork:

there are several programs to make models/skins... 3dsmax, maya.. but if you have no idea about program or no idea where to start.. my best suggest would be to go to www.valve-erc.com then to collection(i think) and download the most recent worldcraft and start mapping.

HL2 sdk looks like it will be pretty advanced. The best thing there would be get the HL1 and take a look. If your just starting out your going to be extremly lost.

Yeah I use a program of Maxon, thats very good, you can model very nicely with it. But where can id download more modeling programs or tools, or an easy mapping tool?

Anybody know?

Hum? I posted a reply and there are 4 threads??? hum? someone copied it?

Originally posted by n!k0n
Hum? I posted a reply and there are 4 threads??? hum? someone copied it?
4 replies (not counting that one), not one, see where its going ;)
Something is fuxed with the forum sometime, started happening after the downtime with the leak...

Back