Senate candidate/Tea Party member 's private guards detains journalist

CptStern

suckmonkey
Reaction score
re: tea party member uses paid guards (some on active duty in the US military) to threaten and detain journalists at a public event

If it's not completely intolerable to have active-duty soldiers handcuffing American journalists on U.S. soil while acting as private "guards" for Senate candidates, what would be? This is the sort of thing that the U.S. State Department would readily condemn if it happened in Egypt or Iran or Venezuela or Cuba: active-duty soldiers detaining journalists while they're paid by politician candidates?

http://www.adn.com/2010/10/17/1506223/miller-security-guards-handcuff.html

http://www.salon.com/news/opinion/glenn_greenwald/2010/10/19/miller/index.html

not surprising a tea party member is all about suppressing civil rights

hide yo' reporters, hide yo' anchors, hide yo' journalists, cuz they arrestin eer'body out here.

Isn't this the same guy that thinks everything is unconstitutional?

Why wern't they arrested on the spot for false imprisonment???

Isn't this the same guy that thinks everything is unconstitutional?

dont think so. just a regular douchebag senate-wannabe trying to silence legit criticism using paid thugs

Miller claimed during an interviews on national cable news networks that he was required to have security for the event due to his contract with the school district, a claim a district spokesperson denied. The district also noted that the hallway where the private arrest took place was not in an area of the building covered by the rental agreement.

While Hopfinger was still in handcuffs, the guards attempted to prevent other reporters from talking to him and threatened them too with arrest for trespass. A Daily News reporter interviewed Hopfinger anyway. No other reporters were arrested, though a few shoving matches and chest bumps ensued as the guards attempted to cordon off Hopfinger and block photographs and videos from being taken of the bizarre school scene.

The Miller campaign released a written one-paragraph statement from Fuller, then followed with a statement titled, "Liberal Blogger 'Loses It' at Town Hall Meeting." In that statement, Miller accused Hopfinger of assaulting someone and of taking advantage of the meeting to "create a publicity stunt."

He said his personal security detail had to take action to detain "the irrational blogger."

see? douchebag

^ At first when I heard this story I didn't know it was in a public place, I thought that it happened in an area they were renting. Since that is clearly not the case I would sue his ass off.

Back