Smashing Pumpkins

Jimmeh

Tank
Reaction score
Anyone else like this top band?

I've had some of their albums such as Adore, Siamese Dream, and Pisces Iscariot for ages now, and have always been a fan, but only about a month ago while snooping around HMV picked up Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness. God knows how I missed that one, it really is an amazing album, and I just love the band now, the album has the perfect blend of hard rock and softer, mellow tracks, and this album is nearly flawless in my opinion (about 3 out of 28 tracks I dislike). I would reccommend anyone who loves rock/grungeish/indie to pick up this album, it's bloody amazing :cool: (Well, give it a listen first as it costs bloody 19 quid :O)

So, any other fans here?

JiMmEh said:
Anyone else like this top band?

I've had some of their albums such as Adore, Siamese Dream, and Pisces Iscariot for ages now, and have always been a fan, but only about a month ago while snooping around HMV picked up Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness. God knows how I missed that one, it really is an amazing album, and I just love the band now, the album has the perfect blend of hard rock and softer, mellow tracks, and this album is nearly flawless in my opinion (about 3 out of 28 tracks I dislike). I would reccommend anyone who loves rock/grungeish/indie to pick up this album, it's bloody amazing :cool: (Well, give it a listen first as it costs bloody 19 quid :O)

So, any other fans here?

That's probably my favorite album from them. I'd have to say they're my favorite band as well. Billy Corgan is a great song writer.

You should check out Zwan's cd; Mary Star of the Sea. The band was formed by Corgan and Jimmy Chamberlin, the pumpkin's drummer, after the pumpkins broke up. It's really one of the best cd's I think I've heard. I went into it thinking I wouldn't even like it and it turned out to be just awesome.

Not heard much of them (at all), but the song disarm's great :)

Love the bells in it

Are you trying to say that you'd had other albums for ages but not Mellon Collie? I'm pretty certain that's not humanly possible.

Yes by the way, I'm a fan.

Zerimski said:
Are you trying to say that you'd had other albums for ages but not Mellon Collie? I'm pretty certain that's not humanly possible.

Yeh lol, god knows how I missed it I'm just incredibly blind by the looks of things.

And spaz, I've heard a few Zwan songs from a mate, it sounded good from what I heard, I may get Mary Star of the Sea, not sure yet.

Love Mellon Collie, favorite song is Bullet with Butterfly Wings, Smashing Pumpkins IS a great band. Also like Nirvana, all the new stuff is crap.

i love smashing pumpkins, theyre a great band.

Back