So an Xbox Live 1600 point card is 20 dollars...

FrostedxB

Tank
Reaction score
and Micro$oft released a new update with avatar appareal. Guess what?

It costs points. And there are ridiculous prices too. A Gears Of War 2 uniform costs 320 points!! WHAT? ARE PEOPLE SERIOUSLY BUYING THIS SHIT?? ENABLING MICROSOFT TO MAKE MORE SCHEMES TO RIP THE USERS OFF?!?

How about the Games on Demand, neat feature eh? Download 360 games to your harddrive? To bad its a scam as well. Call Of Duty 2 is the equivalent of 40 dollars. Jesus Christ, how retarded are people that pay 40 bucks for Cod2?

The avatar shit would be nice if it was free.

Games on demand would be nice if it was at reasonable prices.

But no, let us fork our munnies over to Microshit so my avatar can have an oh so cool Adidas tee-shirt!

(will get a link when I find a decent article)

Yeah, I hear the costs in Australia are RIDICULOUS. Not sure about the rest of the world.

As far as uniforms and such goes, yeah, microtransactions FTL. Playstation Home does the same thing. I only get the free offerings unless I REALLY LOVE the subject matter of whatever it is. Otherwise, no effing way.

And this is why I don't bother with using the Live store very often, other than for updates and maybe an XBLA game or two. I'm not really interested in customizing an on-screen avatar, and I don't understand why anyone else would be either (but they are).

And this is why I don't bother with using the Live store very often, other than for updates and maybe an XBLA game or two. I'm not really interested in customizing an on-screen avatar, and I don't understand why anyone else would be either (but they are).

I enjoyed customizing my avatar with free stuff (its new to me), its just when the stuff costs a few hundred points and a point card already costs an arm and a leg that it seems ridiculous.

and Micro$oft released a new update with avatar appareal. Guess what?

It costs points. And there are ridiculous prices too. A Gears Of War 2 uniform costs 320 points!! WHAT? ARE PEOPLE SERIOUSLY BUYING THIS SHIT?? ENABLING MICROSOFT TO MAKE MORE SCHEMES TO RIP THE USERS OFF?!?

How about the Games on Demand, neat feature eh? Download 360 games to your harddrive? To bad its a scam as well. Call Of Duty 2 is the equivalent of 40 dollars. Jesus Christ, how retarded are people that pay 40 bucks for Cod2?

The avatar shit would be nice if it was free.

Games on demand would be nice if it was at reasonable prices.

But no, let us fork our munnies over to Microshit so my avatar can have an oh so cool Adidas tee-shirt!

(will get a link when I find a decent article)

the best way to show your displeasure is to not buy anything on xboxlive. buy everything used from a mom and pop store. it's your choice as a consumer. if everyone stopped buying the prices would drop literally overnight

And what are the avatars for anyway? Aside from the avatar profile image you have to make I've never seen mine or anyone elses since creating it.

And what are the avatars for anyway? Aside from the avatar profile image you have to make I've never seen mine or anyone elses since creating it.

There are special avatar games that, go figure, cost money to play.

The 1 V 100 beta is a avatar game though and its free, until the full game comes out.

Just play a Wii. It's the same goddamn thing except its free.

Just play a Wii. It's the same goddamn thing except its free.

Except with shittier games, no community, no media capabilities, no streaming of any kind, no media center, gameplay that gets old in the first month of the release of the console.

Etc.. Etc. I don't need to go on about it.

Got to say it is obviously a massive rip off but DLC in general is and there are worse examples of it too (SF4 costumes and horse armour come to mind). Littlebigplanet costumes ain't much better either actually.

You think that's bad look at mass effect

http://www.vg247.com/2009/08/07/360-games-on-demand-what-they-cost-by-region/

There are special avatar games that, go figure, cost money to play.

The 1 V 100 beta is a avatar game though and its free, until the full game comes out.

1 vs. 100 will always be free to gold members.

Got to say it is obviously a massive rip off but DLC in general is and there are worse examples of it too (SF4 costumes and horse armour come to mind). Littlebigplanet costumes ain't much better either actually.

You think that's bad look at mass effect

http://www.vg247.com/2009/08/07/360-games-on-demand-what-they-cost-by-region/

Their idea of pricing conversion is off the ****ing charts. I actually like the marketplace, but obviously I hate the nickel and diming done by some companies, but there is absolutely no reason to charge that much for those games.

Microsoft ****ed up the prices extremely bad here. I hate when companies do that to other countries. Like what is their reasoning that they have to mark up anything that high?

I remember when Rock Band came out. I think it was US $175 then they decided to just replace the dollar sign and mark it £175 even though that costs almost $300. That is complete bullshit.

Except with shittier games, no community, no media capabilities, no streaming of any kind, no media center, gameplay that gets old in the first month of the release of the console.

Etc.. Etc. I don't need to go on about it.

I was talking about the avatar editor.

GOD SO JUST BECAUSE YOU'RE NOT GETTING FREE UPDATES AND CONTENT ANYMORE YOU THINK VALVE IS TRYING TO RIP YOU OFF BY HAVING YOU BUY STUFF INSTEAD OF GIVING IT TO YOU?

Get it?

Well, most of the XBLA games a pretty fairly priced and as for avatar items....dont buy them? Thats there for people who are willing to spend money to make an avatar no one will ever see look cool. Theres alot of em too, so yeah.

GOD SO JUST BECAUSE YOU'RE NOT GETTING FREE UPDATES AND CONTENT ANYMORE YOU THINK VALVE IS TRYING TO RIP YOU OFF BY HAVING YOU BUY STUFF INSTEAD OF GIVING IT TO YOU?

Get it?

..considering what they're charging you for...

I'd say it's probably the rich kids' collective fault. If people are buying it at rip-off prices, they will sell it at rip-off prices. Can you blame them?

And they've got the advertisements for them linked right into your brains. They couldn't have asked for a better route to sell their shit than the media rich marketplaces on consoles.

lolconsole... at least Steam has good deals on games.

3000 points on Wii is $45 here.

One N64 game is 1000.

Stop your ****ing complaining you twat.

Sadly there will always be people complaining Naph, no matter what.

Get it?

I don't, since the title clearly states how much a point card is, and the fact that this new update doesn't offer that much content yet has such an outstanding pricetag.

Valve's new L4D content is pretty well priced on 360, but when your paying 40 dollars in points for a game that came out on the original Xbox and PS2, well now your getting ripped off.

Get it?

The games on demand prices are high for a reason. Ms doesn't want to shoot the retailers to the leg.

Maybe they priced the avatar crap so high to see how much people are willing to spend on shit :p

I'd say it's probably the rich kids' collective fault. If people are buying it at rip-off prices, they will sell it at rip-off prices. Can you blame them?

And they've got the advertisements for them linked right into your brains. They couldn't have asked for a better route to sell their shit than the media rich marketplaces on consoles.

I wouldn't exactly blame 'rich' kids. I think companies target audience are not people with extra spending money to spend said extra money on avatar accessories or other stuff they nickel and dime. Just take a look at people who cannot handle their finances correctly and instead they opt out for nice clothes, nice cell phones, and nice cars when they cannot even put food in the fridge. Throughout time and time again these type of people are company's target audience. I don't know why, it's just the way it is and the bunch within gaming is more apparent in consoles because the average joe blow is all about the console and usually the average joe blow is the sucker to buying crap without even looking twice at.

Yet Valve continues to improve and update their games, FOR FREE!
......Not to mention the rather large update we had for TF2.
I hope this shuts up the whiners that are crying foul over L4D 2.

Not true, in fact, in most cases, over here anyway, buying the retail CD/DVD version of the games is cheaper than buying the Steam version.

If people are willing to pay for it, companies can sell it for money. And as we all know, M$ will squeeze you of your every penny at every smallest opportunity.

If people are willing to pay for it, companies can sell it for money. And as we all know, M$ will squeeze you of your every penny at every smallest opportunity.
Oh please, M$ are no worse than say Sony.

They're like any other for-profit organisation/company, they're looking to maximize profits as much as possible within legal limits, Sony does it too, as well as Nintendo.

Not true, in fact, in most cases, over here anyway, buying the retail CD/DVD version of the games is cheaper than buying the Steam version.

Hmm, I didn't mean that they are all good deals, by saying "has good deals", I meant that from time to time they do. At least that's been my observation from the announcements; I've never actually browsed or bought a game through Steam, and haven't paid attention to overseas pricing so much. I actually can't stand Steam, so that's why I said "at least" - meaning, to its credit; to be fair.

Back