So any new steambox news?

Ra1nMak3r

Hunter
Reaction score
Since it was said that steambox is not coming anytime soon, have there been any other news :/ ?

Hasn't been any news in a while. The last word I know of was Gabe saying in early March that they'd be getting test boxes in front of gamers in "three to four months" so if that holds true we might be hearing some experiences about it before the end of July. Of course that could be internal testing under a non-disclosure agreement. He said the main thing that was holding them back was finalizing the controller design. Valve are very keen on testing and iterating and testing again and that probably counts for their controller design too. They may also have been waiting to see what Microsoft and Sony were going to do with their controllers. They were debating including things like touch screens (possible) and motion controls (probably not, they didn't think they were very good) but don't want to just slap on features if they don't provide an actual better gaming experience because then the customer would be having to foot the bill for the extra electronics going into it.

Hey, thanks! That's alot of info I was not aware of :/ I hope they give us news until september. I am saving up for a better pc, but if steambox news are announced and it is said that it is coming soon, I'll probably get that. Thank anyways ;)

Back