So does anybody else slide around?

Reaction score
I just fired up DOD:S a bit ago and joined a server. I lose control of myself every so often and continue moving in the direction I was just before as if I was on ice. I can't move my view or do anything when I slide. It seems to happen when I walk over debris or different terrain...

Anybody else have this problem? One other guy said he did in the server I was on.

'Tis lag issues.

Two things causing it afaik

1) Noobs starting up Listen servers and touting them as dedicated servers, just so they can play the game.

2) Content servers are overloaded ATM.

It comes in waves. I get the lag every so often, but usually i'm fine, so it doesn't but me :)

The debris part kinda makes me think we're not on the same page though.

sinkoman said:
'Tis lag issues.

Two things causing it afaik

1) Noobs starting up Listen servers and touting them as dedicated servers, just so they can play the game.

2) Content servers are overloaded ATM.

It comes in waves. I get the lag every so often, but usually i'm fine, so it doesn't but me :)

The debris part kinda makes me think we're not on the same page though.

The debris bit was just a guess but it sucks when it happens because only I slide like this...so I die all the time...

AmishSlayer said:
The debris bit was just a guess but it sucks when it happens because only I slide like this...so I die all the time...

Dunno, maybe it's not the same thing.

I nail people who have it all the time. I also noticed that if I shoot where they just were (they sorta jump around while they slide), they die, which brought me to the conclusion that it was lag :p

Back