So, now what?

capteeni

Reaction score
I suddenly got this urge to replay Half-life 2 (bought in 2004, after release)

I pop my disc, install the game, and then my urge gets crushed with the problem, which can be seen below. :angry:

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/3159/screenshotnn9.jpg

I've done several things upon this:

-Checked if the CD-KEY provided with the disc is bound to this account. YES
-Tried the ClientRegistry.blob fix. YES (did not work)
-Restarted steam many times. YES
-waited few days, if it might work. YES
-Contancted STEAM/VALVE. YES (no action, no response)

I am damn speechless, people, I don't know what the hell is wrong with this thing.

Maybe you guys can help me fix/enable HL2/CSS :bonce:

And have you received a confirmation email about sending a ticket to support?

Also note that account you are logged into got additional @jippii.fi at end.

How long did you wait for a response?

And have you received a confirmation email about sending a ticket to support?

Also note that account you are logged into got additional @jippii.fi at end.

About few days now has passed, and I did receive that ticket was sent. Also ACiD are you trying to tell me that my 'actual' account name is [email protected]@jippii.fi ? :naughty:

You've entered your account in the support ticket incorrectly. Your account is [email protected], you've entered it as just capteeni.

I didn't enter anything :devil: I just entered my product key, when checking lost accounts, and it asked me to put a product key, so it could sent an email to the account the key belongs to, which is capteeni, so I still have no idea wtf, are you talking about?

The point of the screenshot is to explain that the account owns the product key and that I own the account, but still it fails to let me 'launch the game'.

Sorry, I've got it the wrong way round. Did steam send you that email to tell you which account to log into, ie which account was tied to your cd-keys?

Sorry, I've got it the wrong way round. Did steam send you that email to tell you which account to log into, ie which account was tied to your cd-keys?

Yes, it's the same as in the screenshot, 'capteeni'.
I'm afraid on steam it seems like it's not recognizing my CD-key being tied into the account, as it thinks I don't own the game.

It wants me to activate the product, but once I do that, it tells me that it has already been done :F

I didn't know you could request a cd key account request.

No, it's not - the steam account you've logged into is '[email protected]'.

PS. This seems very interesting. I understood if these two are completelly different accounts, then I can access both of them, And it did!

Strangely both accounts share same information, password, but only one of them is able to play the game, now. This seems little weird :D But thanks anyway, my problem is solved.

PS. This seems very interesting. I understood if these two are completelly different accounts, then I can access both of them, And it did!

Strangely both accounts share same information, password, but only one of them is able to play the game, now. This seems little weird :D But thanks anyway, my problem is solved.

So now that I buy a game on one, the registration applies on another :F can this be a bug afterall?

No prolbme, I guess it was a typing error. Glad we could help.

Back