Soldier update leaked.

Bit shaky to believe this after the video leak.
They could be screwing with us.

Valve.
Seems like something they'd do.

It could be the source or Valve. Grain of salt my friends.

Looks legit.

Though King of the Hill seems kind of... unoriginal.

Wouldn't be the first time they majorly screwed up. Need i remind us of the Scout update?

I guess you do since I don't know what you're referring to.

King of the Hill? Aren't there already a lot of maps like that?

Not written in their style, so obviously fake.

King of the Hill mode confirmed like two weeks ago in the actual blog.

This is fake, there is no point in making a King of the Hill gamemode official - They have Arena which is basically the same thing, except with a hill.

I don't know how it's possible to read this without thinking 'trying too hard'. Blatant fake.

there is no point in making a King of the Hill gamemode official
teamfortress.com said:
This is the problem with the youth of today: too much time inventing nonsense words, not enough time taking a bullet in the lung defending a hill.
The following is a short list of things men should be engaged in, at all times:

4. Hill defense
Seriously, my post was one post above yours. ONE. Didn't I just say "confirmed like two weeks ago on the actual blog?" Hell I said it in another thread too, TWO BLOODY WEEKS AGO.

You people are slow. And thick.

That's the problem with you kids today. You didn't spend enough time defending hills, so your brains got dull and mushy.

Seriously, my post was one post above yours. ONE. Didn't I just say "confirmed like two weeks ago on the actual blog?" Hell I said it in another thread too, TWO BLOODY WEEKS AGO.

That's the problem with you kids today. You didn't spend enough time defending hills, so your brains got dull and mushy.

Oh yes, I'm sure that prediction based off an incredibly vague hint will come true. Just like your prediction about the Ambassador being more powerful.

emot-smug.gif

That's it, Sheepo. You're going on the list.

Anyway, why else mention something as arbitrary as hills? And TFC had a King of the Hill mode.

Look, if I'm wrong like I was about the ambassador, Valve needs to hire someone else to write the goddamn flavor text for this shit. If the soldier's talking about hills and there isn't a King of the Hill mode, then why mention hills? THEY SAID THE AMBASSADOR WAS A MINIATURE CANNON. Who the hell would call something that deals less damage a cannon?

You can't even blame me for misinterpreting that shit. Someone's a terrible writer.

That's what was going through my head this entire thread. I don't know why you're quoting me about it; that's obviously what was going on here and yet nobody else seemed to pick it up until just now, saying, "There isn't going to be a King of the Hill mode," "Fake," "King of the Hill mode is unoriginal."

Herp, the guy read the actual post about King of the Hill mode, made his own post. THAT'S WHAT HAPPENED.

And the funny thing is, none of the things that are in that fake posting are actually fake! King of the Hill (unless I'm wrong), and the item trading. Note that the leak didn't actually say anything about what the soldier is getting, so...

It's a lot easier to lie about something when you aren't exactly lying. Nothing in that post was untrue aside from when those things will be released. And given that it was the soldier who delivered the last blog post, had a little more time been spent on the image and writing, it might've been fairly believable.

You're completely ignoring the fact that Valve could just be ****ing with us about King of the Hill.

Well, we don't know for sure if it is real or fake; there is no evidence pointing to either one of those options, so we'll have to wait and see. The future holds all of the information that we need.

Oh sure. I wasn't objecting to the content really, just saying it's an obvious fake. I gave my reason - writing seems off.
The only 'content' I'd really disagree with is the next update being soldier and soldier only. I suspect they'll do a triple for soldier demo engi to try and stop class stacking ****ing the game up as badly. It helped a little with sniper-spy and imo will be necessary with these three.

Sorry, i was too busy getting a haircut and digesting ribs.

You're completely ignoring the fact that Valve could just be ****ing with us about King of the Hill.
I really don't see a reason for them to do that. It's one thing if you're going to release something and you tease at it and it's a completely different thing, but that post was hinting to defending hills. King of the Hill is a mode where people DEFEND A HILL.

I do not see the benefit in hinting at something and then saying "LOL NO JUST KIDDING YOU'RE NOT GETTING THAT." Not unless the project leader for TF2 has become Hideo Kojima.
I suspect they'll do a triple for soldier demo engi to try and stop class stacking ****ing the game up as badly.
It'd be interesting if they did it that way. You know the problem with those three classes is really, "What should they get?" Demoman is a little easier to think for than the other two, but soldier and engineer are, right now, complete classes. They don't actually need anything, nor are there multiple ways to play them. That is to say that there really aren't differing playstyles for those classes to take advantage of unlocks.

If Valve decides to do a triple release they might be sitting on it a while.
Sorry, i was too busy getting a haircut and digesting ribs.
That's OK then. As you were, soldier.

Yeah I can't think of much a soldier could use. Maybe a bit of flavour like faster rockets vs less splash - more of a precision ranged weapon?Perhaps single shot shotgun replacement which does something like interrupt a medic's heal (need to reclick) and removes like 5% of ubercharge bar - obv couldnt be spammable in ANY way and would have shit/zero dmgs.
For melee no ideas really except maybe a single copy of his TFC grenade which you can't replace even from lockers. It would still **** up instaspawn maps but who cares. Could help with spawn camping and breaking a tight defense.

Engi is a little easier than soldier, discussed it before and ofc there are other ideas beyond what I can come up with.

For melee no ideas really except maybe a single copy of his TFC grenade
DON'T DO IT

YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT PEOPLE LIKE ME CAN DO WITH ONE GRENADE; ONE SINGLE GRENADE AS A SOLDIER BECOMES AN ENTIRE TEAM'S DEATH

WE HAD MAPS SPECIFICALLY DEDICATED TO TRAINING US TO HARNESS THE POWER OF THE GRENADE AS SOLDIER

WE CAN DESTROY WORLDS WITH IT

Really what I want to see is my "rjump-centric" rocket launcher that I mentioned in another thread. No damage on rocket jumps, no splash damage to enemies from rocket jumps, no crits, possibly reduced damage. It'll never happen but man, would it be fun. I'd have so much fun with that thing I don't think I'd ever stop smiling when playing as soldier.

Oh, you know what I'd like to see back? The ability to right-click and reload. I really miss that. So a weapon, or some kind of gadget that would allow me to right-click reload my weapons would be really nice. A gadget that replaces the melee weapon, perhaps, so I can quick-reload my RPG and shotgun.

Personally if you want grenades, just play Demoman. That's what he was made for. To blow shit up.

Indeed. One of his unlocks really should be that bundle of dynamite from the TF2 teaser.

Or a detpack.

I really don't see a reason for them to do that. It's one thing if you're going to release something and you tease at it and it's a completely different thing, but that post was hinting to defending hills. King of the Hill is a mode where people DEFEND A HILL.

I do not see the benefit in hinting at something and then saying "LOL NO JUST KIDDING YOU'RE NOT GETTING THAT." Not unless the project leader for TF2 has become Hideo Kojima.

Leading us on to think it's King of the Hill but having it be something entirely different is more what I had in mind.

The soldier's a straight-talker. He says what he thinks and he thinks what he says! If he says he's defending a hill, pal, THEN HE'S DEFENDING A HILL.

Well shit man, that's convenient because then you could argue that he doesn't give a shit about the new game modes and he just talks about hill defense because REAL MEN REALLY DO DEFEND REAL HILLS and everything he says is irrelevant to what Valve is planning.

Anybody got a link to the "Creator said so" part?

Apologies for reinforcing your point Darkside... ¬.¬

Apology accepted. Now get on that hill! AND GET A HAIRCUT!

How manly would it make you to digest ribs while getting a haircut while yelling while defending a hill?

Back