Sony: "We didn't want Rumble but we want it now, punks"

Reaction score
n a new interview with Jack Tretton, GamePro magazine got the president and CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment America to open up about the company's stance on the SIXAXIS controller. When GT broached the topic, Tretton had the following to say: "You will see peripherals coming from SCEA that will address the interests of the U.S. consumer. I don't have anything to tell you specifically, but we're open to changing the Sixaxis controller."

A major complaint that's been lodged regarding the controller by countless members of the media and gaming community is the lack of rumble, which the SIXAXIS controller doesn't have. Is the extremely careful phrasing by Tretton his way of hinting that we could be seeing rumble functionality in the near future (after all, Sony and Immersion have kissed and made up)?
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3157773

Didn't they say rumble was the last generation? But now they want it install in their controller.

I think even the Sony apologists on here won't be able to spin this effectively.

I was incredibly sad when it was announced the SIXAXIS wouldn't have rumble. I can't wait for it to be re-implemented.

Already been a thread about this somewhere around these parts.

I was incredibly sad when it was announced the SIXAXIS wouldn't have rumble. I can't wait for it to be re-implemented.
I completely agree. Plus it'll add that much needed weight to the controller making it not feel like such a flimsy POS.

I think even the Sony apologists on here won't be able to spin this effectively.

Um ... they might put rumble back in the controller. This is good news ... how is there any other way to spin it?

I knew this was coming and im happy. I hate how light the PS3 controller is. This will add weight and rumble!

Well at least they're halfway admitting they ****ed up.

Um ... they might put rumble back in the controller. This is good news ... how is there any other way to spin it?
Oh, just Sony calling rumble last gen, etc.

I wasn't saying having rumble back is back, just the whole 'Sony' part of the fiasco.

I heard hideo kojima,director of the metal gear games and lifeboat of the ps3,wanted the rumble back

maybe they listened?

anyway yeah me wants vibrationz!

I heard hideo kojima,director of the metal gear games and lifeboat of the ps3,wanted the rumble back

maybe they listened?

anyway yeah me wants vibrationz!

You saying you want vibrations, RJMC, is like saying a fish wants water....

Didn't Sony say that they left out rumble because it 'interfered' with SIXAXIS?

Sony is nubscakes.

They left it out because it "interfered" with the Sixaxis' gyroscope, in much the same way rumble "did not interfere" with the Wiimote's more-than-a-gyroscope motion sensing controls.

In this case, "interfered" means "Sony, unlike MS and Nintendo, fought the patent-holders of rumble technology in court and lost, and then proceeded to lie about it."

Meh, as long as it's back.

Back