Speakers with remote

Shamrock

Companion Cube
Reaction score
My current set up =

PC connected via DVI.
360 via HDMI.
Both connected to the bass via 3.5 mm audio cables.
When I'm watching a movie via Netflix on 360, there's no way other than to get up and turn down the audio. Is there a set of speakers that has a remote control to use as well or am I just stuck having to deal with getting up to change the volume or what? :(

I realize it's not a big deal, but sometimes when I'm laying in bed trying to sleep, and I have a few episodes of something on. Sometimes the next episode has it's volume extremely louder than the other. Anyway, all I need to know is if there is a decently priced speaker set with a wireless remote. Also, it's going to replace me... 5 year old set of speakers I have now so they have to sound just as good as these.

I have Logitech's Z5500 speakers. They come with a remote but they're anything but decently priced. If you have the money I recommend them. I have never regretted the purchase.

I have Logitech's Z5500 speakers. They come with a remote but they're anything but decently priced. If you have the money I recommend them. I have never regretted the purchase.

Oh God. Those are expensive. Aren't there any other's that are cheaper? All I'm asking for is a remote with the speakers. Is that hard to ask for with a cheaper price? Haha.

Shammy, my advice is to get a proper stereo for your computer speaker set. Just about any surround receiver/amplifier in existence is going to have a remote.

In addition to [almost always] having FM radio, it also has many inputs for many devices that have audio output, like: game consoles, computer, MP3 player, CD player, TV/Cable, DVD, BluRay, legacy formats like Tape/Turntable (which can be used for other things if you don't need these).

Therefore, from the comfort of your bed, you can switch between these devices and control their volume. You can get a pretty decent consumer receiver/amplifier for under $100 ( that includes the remote! :D ).

You can't go wrong with something like this, it could last you decades and you won't need to upgrade it if you get a good quality one to begin with.

EDIT: Since your speakers are probably already amplified, this might not be an easy fix, or the end of all your problems. I can help you further if you need it.

Another option would be to get a remote for your computer, but I don't see how that would help control the volume when using the 360.

Back