Speed hack in TF2

dogboy73

Tank
Reaction score
I saw this whilst playing on Badlands earlier. First time I've seen it on TF2. Has it been mentioned before on here? Anyway, someone playing on my team as a Heavy was going at lightning speed around the map, winning the round all by himself! Completely ruined the game for everybody! I hate hackers. But I thought the VAC was dealing with this okay in TF2.

Unfortunately there are Hacks that get though VAC, and with TF2 becoming more popular there will be more hacks for it. The main hack i have seen is Snipers auto-head shotting and it does ruin the game. The problem with VAC is delayed banning so even though he has been flagged he won't be banned for weeks.

Christ, hacks have finally moved into TF2.

I was aware that a lot of the css community has been infesting TF2 with their "lol fags" and "lol noob, u suck lol" and the irritating banter you'd only get in css, but I figured that all the hackers were still having fun pointlessly spoiling everyone's fun in css.

I wished there was more that could be done to stop this sort of thing. It completely ruins the game. I just don't get it. It's a game & the reason it's fun is because it's challening playing against other people. If you cheat you remove that challenge & there's no longer a reason to play it. So are hackers just people that are so bored with everything that they can't even derive a bit of entertainment & challenge from a game without ruining it for themselves & everyone else?!

I hear what you say, and it is sad that hackers feel the need to cheat to make themselves feel good at the game.
I have a friend who uses a sniper hack and routinely come top of the leaderboard and it makes him feel good even though he's not doing anything.
But you can always find another server if there a hacker on yours, not every server has a cheater on. I usually play on servers that have Admins on and if someone is hacking they just get kicked.

Did this person have "QQ" before their name? I've seen those guys cheating quite a few times.

I've seen speedhackers a few times... a scout running around so fast he's a blur and impossible to hit, capping intel.

i've not came across hackers yet but i have came across some of the more immature css players who think its funny to spam mic with some high pitched song, or go on and on and on about making mods for TF where almost every single idea was a css mod that exists and none would work, but the guy was about 12 lol

'Get some hacks today, curtisy of me, Adam Sizzler'

Oh god, not hacks...

i hate hackers. it ruins the game for everyone including the person hacking.

Hopefully these hacks haven't gotten through VAC and it's just VAC's delayed banning system at work.

Hopefully these hacks haven't gotten through VAC and it's just VAC's delayed banning system at work.

Well the Hack my friend using had been active since the 3rd of Jan and he still not banned. I can't wait till it does those, that will wipe the smug smile of his face.

the best speed hacker i've seen has been a spy. At least he would cloak, and THEN speed hack, making it much less obvious than a HWguy running 4x as fast as the scout.

I guess the only real solution is to attempt to encourage everybody to change servers. :D

At the very least, decamp yourself. Go find somewhere fun.

It blows when tards ruin the game for everybody else though.

today I witnessed a Heavy running faster then a scout.

i really want to see a heavy running faster than a scout that sounds awesome

I bet they just arrived from css. Didn't like losing so imported some "hax" :hmph:

Damn Hackers, why don't they all just go to hell...

I hear ya,

Though vac is a good security thing, there will always be things to get through it, no matter what happens there will always be a guy who can do it, exploit it, and then it starts all over again. :hmph:

i had lag when i was a scout and a heavy walked faster than me.... WHEN HE WAS REVED!!!

The only incident i've ever encountered a hacker in was in a game on Well, CTF i believe, it was just a scout running around using the pistol, and doing tremendous amounts of damage per shot. Not enough to kill a heavy in one shot, but enough to take down pretty much everyone else.

Back