Spoiling HL2?curiousitykilleddaheadcrab

KiNG

Reaction score
Im curious, this release is different than the first, we are very much anticipating it and are finding out all we can. Now in the first HL i was introduced to it by a friend in 1998 and hit me like a hammer because i was amazed by the graphics not knowing about the game before release. now the game has been announced and it now has a great new engine and a story line we know nothing about. Will our curiousity end with us finding out to much and not being surprised by the finished product or leaving more to be desired? There is a line which i will not cross and it stops at the demonstration video provided by fileplanet. Do u think your have already gone to far in investigating the game or are u wanting to go further?

yeah ive been thinking about this too
ive searched every freakin webpage about info and downloaded all the videos and stuff
sure it makes me very hyped about the game, but i may know a bit too much as you said

when hl1 came out i hardly even had internet at home so i coundlt look at pictures and read info about the game, so it came as an absolute suprise when i played it.. (although i had looked at gamereviews in magazines, but thats hardly the same thing as what im doing now)

i honestly wish that i could hold myself back form veiwing all the info on hl2 so that i can be geniunly surprised.:dozey:

Well, Just ask your mum/dad/sister or whatelse, to tie you up and don't put u down until the release of hl2 :cool: :cool: :cool:

Very true King, thats one of the reasons U2 was a let down because it had been hyped for years and wasnt as good as everyone had hoped. Ive viewed one video of hl2 and thats enough for me, I want it to be as big a surprise as possible, as that was what made hl so good, it just came out of nowhere.

i try to find out as mush as i can about the source engine and stuff..but im not affraid of spoilers or something..the fun part is to blow things up :D

I agree.. its the same thing as when the two towers came to cinemas, I totally destroyed the movie as I watched all kinds of movie clips and stuff, Its like a drug. you get addicted.:x

I wish they stop the HL hype soon :D...I dont wanna get over hyped waiting until Sept 30th, ill go mad by then

i personally heard of the original HL about 3 years before it was released....... there was big anticipation even then with some magazines stating it would be one of the best FPS's, with HL, one of the Quakes, Unreal and summit else i cant remember....... and after that everything went silent till about 4 months before its final release. ALOT in the game had changed.
i think it will still be a surprise because i dont think it will hit home just how gd it is untill we ahve played it (or bad although thats unlikely). The movies give some indication but actually controlling the events does make a HUGE difference.

Kam

Even with all the video clips and buzz about HL2 right now, I think Valve should be commended for limiting the amount of hype surrounding half-Life. No one even knew HL2 existed until now, just 4 months before the announced release date. That is pretty damn amazing. While 90% of companies rely on endless marketing, hype and false promises to sell their games, Valve lets their games speak for themselves.

Just think of the neverending flood of crappy games that have been hyped to death for YEARS before their release. It gives you a great appreciation for a company like Valve who spend their time actually making games instead of hyping it to death. Valve is the real deal in an industry full of pretenders!!

I thought about it also...

There really aint going to be anything new that we will see from half life 2 until it is released...Valve does have 3 other retail releases this year probably so maybe there basing it on that,show us everything from HL2, then announce TF2, then the Vampire game that uses the new engine that will be out late this year.

Originally posted by KiNG
Im curious, this release is different than the first, we are very much anticipating it and are finding out all we can. Now in the first HL i was introduced to it by a friend in 1998 and hit me like a hammer because i was amazed by the graphics not knowing about the game before release. now the game has been announced and it now has a great new engine and a story line we know nothing about. Will our curiousity end with us finding out to much and not being surprised by the finished product or leaving more to be desired? There is a line which i will not cross and it stops at the demonstration video provided by fileplanet. Do u think your have already gone to far in investigating the game or are u wanting to go further?

if the game doesn't satifsfy me, MODs will.

so your not at all worried about ruining your first HL2 experience?
i mean member when hl hit u with the great unfolding plot and the amazing graphics(for the time) and u just sat in awe wonderin when u were gonna get down into some dirty business and stuff...:bounce:

don't get me wrong, i'm still excited about hl2 and all that. But seeing all these screen shots and movies eliminates the element of surprise. HL was a hit and HL2 will be a greater hit :D no worries.

I ahve no FEAR of spoilers. I mean.. every gameplay event we saw in the movie is like 1 % of the game..

I dont think 1 % of info screens and vids spoils the game

Back