Sprite? Model? I dont know.

Thisguy123

Reaction score
Hey so i am not very good at making models. By not very good i mean i Really really suck at it. I was wondering if It was possible to make a COmbine soldier replacement that looks like the marines from beachhead 2000. not Like a 3d model. But a 2d Model. Similar to the nazi's in wolfenstein 3d. If that makes any sense.

I remember discussing replacing 3d models in the source engine with 2d sprites very, very long ago. Not sure what, if any, conclusions were drawn. I doubt anyone here will be able to help; I've never seen it done in a source game. There'd be extra problems with hitboxes and holding weapons and all that shit.

But more to the point, as a newbie to modelling and with no experience developing for the source engine, this is probably far too ambitious a project for you.

Hey thank you very much. I have absolutely no knowledge about modeling at all. But thanks for the reply

It is doable(the width of the char will be 1mm),but it will look ridiculous,and might bug out,because you need a skeleton for the model...You can try,or tranzit the 2d model into 3d(it will take you some time,but still...)

Back