Steam grouping of friends.

hool10

Tank
Reaction score
Your playing Killing Floor and you find a great player to play with so you add him. You also play Eve Online and have a few friends on Steam. You also have a few friends from this site as well. I think you get the point but by the end you have a bunch of people on your friends list and your like "who is that person"? It gets worse when they change their names constantly as well with avatar. Wouldn't it be great to add friends and group them into categories like x-fire? Well now you finally can do that if you enable the beta version of Steam: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2052495

-Added bucketing of friends in the friends list – right-click on a friend as select ‘Tag as…’ to organize them into categories.
-Fixed a case where Steam Guard would unnecessarily re-ask for activation in the Steam Client.

It's fantastic. Why wasn't this in earlier?

Yeah, it's a great idea (albeit a blindingly obvious one) but it really feels like they sat down and went "Let's create the most awkward interface for tagging ever made". It'd be great if we could tag multiple people at once, and if you could tag people without going into a separate window! Also if I could tag everyone in a particular group with one particular tag... that would be sweet. Regardless, I'm just glad to have this, was starting to lose track of who all these people on my Steam are!

Back