Steam has me Steamed

D

DrStone

Well, I thing that I have taken it in the @$$ from Sierra/Valve/Vivendi for the last time. For over a week I have been emailing (well trying you can’t email Sierra anymore) all three companies trying to figure out where the problem with my software is. And it’s not the fact that there is a bug in the software that stuff happens, but when I try and check Sierra’s website for info I get directed to Vivendi then when I find the area on Vivendi’s website it points me to Valve. I go to the Valve website and they have the trouble shooting steps for idiots listed, so I email them. Has be over a week and three email now and still I do not even get a message letting me know that my email was received.

If this is how Sierra/Valve/Vivendi want to treat their customers they have just got one less. I mean do you really think that Half-Life 2 is going to be worth a crap when #1 they can release something as old and stable as CS without major bugs that take forever to get fixed #2 they missed their release date by at least a year (and we all know it was not due to any hacker). I say forget Half-life 2 forget Sierra and forget Steam the piece of crap that it is.

If you don’t like what I have to say, that’s cool. Just give me a good reason that I am wrong.

thats the best you can do?

strike the heretic down with holy valve vengance!

DrStone said:
Well, I thing that I have taken it in the @$$ from Sierra/Valve/Vivendi for the last time. For over a week I have been emailing (well trying you can’t email Sierra anymore) all three companies trying to figure out where the problem with my software is. And it’s not the fact that there is a bug in the software that stuff happens, but when I try and check Sierra’s website for info I get directed to Vivendi then when I find the area on Vivendi’s website it points me to Valve. I go to the Valve website and they have the trouble shooting steps for idiots listed, so I email them. Has be over a week and three email now and still I do not even get a message letting me know that my email was received.

If this is how Sierra/Valve/Vivendi want to treat their customers they have just got one less. I mean do you really think that Half-Life 2 is going to be worth a crap when #1 they can release something as old and stable as CS without major bugs that take forever to get fixed #2 they missed their release date by at least a year (and we all know it was not due to any hacker). I say forget Half-life 2 forget Sierra and forget Steam the piece of crap that it is.

If you don’t like what I have to say, that’s cool. Just give me a good reason that I am wrong.

Care to list your problems? Perhaps somebody else has had a similar difficulty and found a solution. Of course, if you just came to complain that's fine too. Diff'rent strokes, all that.

DrStone said:

Um, you arent wrong or right, you stated an opinion. IMO Steam is a wonderful program, and IMO Half-Life 2 will be great, and IMO Valve is a great company.

DrStone said:
lol, its your loss if you don't want to play what may end up being the best game in the world. If your going to complain about things like this and get as worked up about them as you have then I am somewhat glad I won't be seeing you in a HL2 mulitplayer game. If your just worked up right now and you have had a change of opinion then in the future you should carefully think before making any decisions to ensure you don't make any stupid mistakes.

I found it rather funny and ironic that he came here flaming VALVe and Steam, etc ... only to get a pretty quick reply from the one person he didn't expect :) Thanks VALVe - you're great! :)

Kirkburn said:
I found it rather funny and ironic that he came here flaming VALVe and Steam, etc ... only to get a pretty quick reply from the one person he didn't expect :) Thanks VALVe - you're great! :)

ditto. that's hilarious. thanks Greg! lmao.

Well you should give him some time to get back here. Still, I don't get why he didn't post his problem...

Back