steam media

X

xtekian

i'm not sure if it's been asked before, but i read somewhere that there is media (screens, movies) available through steam, but i don't know how to download it. any help?

It will come on Monday, July 7th according to Gabe Newell. Whenever it comes out just restart Steam and it will download automaticaly. Welcome to the forums!

Wow... I love how lazy I am... I didn't check this part of the forums before I posted my own thread in the General Discussion area... I will probably get whined at by a bunch of losers over the internet now. :(

Oh well.

Don't worry, this part of the forum is not being visited that much, you are new, they'll give you a break.

ok well i have another question then (don't feel like starting a new thread)

valve says that half-life 2 will be available through steam. are they gonna make steam ask you for your credit card or something?

what if you have to uninstall steam or uninstall hl2? you would have to redownload the software, but will you have to buy it again? if they make it so that your account will always be able to download steam, then basically you can download steam on someone else's computer, log in on your account, and download hl2... dunno how this steam downloading stuff will work.

for example, after downloading steam, i was able to download opposing force for free, although i never bought the game (??!!) weird...

Yes.

No. You'll likely be given something so that if something happens you can redownload without paying.

You can get opposing force because they let you do that for free.

Yeah I think it's possible to login to your account at a friend and download it to his computer. But you'll only be able to play it when logged into your steam account. So you can't play at the same time. This would be the same as giving your hl2 cd to your friend.

Was it Opposing Force single player? Or just the multiplayer modes? That's pretty cool either way...I kinda forgot about steam until now since I've been hearing about this media :)

Think I'll check it out.

Back