Story related question: why does nobody ask our humble G-funk where he's been?

jimbones

Reaction score
Wherever Gordon shows up everybody's just like: Yo Gordon glad you came. We assume you know everything that happened but we don't really care enough to know how the **** you got out of Black Mesa (and back from Xen) and what you did until now and assume you don't care /already know how we got out.

Don't get me wrong here it's a great and fun game but I would expect a bit more veteran style "old times, eh gordon?" kinda subtext in the conversations considering the bullshit Kleiner, Barney , Vance and Gordon went through and came out alive..

suggestions?

I agree. HL2 has very unrealistic and improbable dialog.

At least one of them should have said something along the lines of: "Gordon Freeman? How did you get out? Backpacking through Europe,eh?"

SPOILER WARNING
SPOILER WARNING
SPOILER WARNING

Because they know. How do you think Barney would know Gordon was coming at the first level? Because they Resistance have contact with G-man. Then he probably told them where you have been too.

Breen seem to know too, remeber in the Nova Prospect he says something like: "In the last ten years he was in a state that precluded development of any covert skills"

Hardly, people think he has been on earth and witnessed whats happened, they assume who knows...when he quite franlkly doesnt.

Spartan said:
I agree. HL2 has very unrealistic and improbable dialog.

sadly i actually agree with you, to an extent.

It's hard for the other characters to have a deep dialog with a mute.

Back