Super Hexagon

tomemozok

Space Core
Reaction score
I Picked up the game a couple of days ago since it was on sale (0.5 euros for 2 copies)
I had no idea what the game was, it was an impulsive buy, since i wanted to play something random, and plus i had a gift to give to a friend of mine. I thought that i will ply it with him for an hour or so and have it as a reserve when i have nothing else to play.
I have never been so wrong about a game in my life.
It got me hooked so bad, i have 15 hours played in less than 3 days.
The game is addicting and hard and loud and colorful and alot of things.
Anyone want a good game to play and enjoy torturing themselves, get it ASAP!
This is how the game looks like, and this is the world record on the most difficult setting.
P.S. 77 sec on hexagon(hard) atm. So, BRING THE RECORDS ON!!!

Okay, then. Here are my current records (as of December 27th, 2013):

Hexagon - 123:07
Hexagoner - 113:13
Hexagonest - 73:12
Hexagon Hyper - 76:49
Hexagoner Hyper - 84:25
Hexagonest Hyper - 38:43

Still working on beating that final stage, but trust me when I say I know exactly what you mean about the game's addicting nature. I too bought it on impulse knowing nothing about it and accidentally played it for about 11 hours in three days. Now I'm up to 25 hours after owning it for almost exactly 7 months now, which doesn't sound impressive until you realize it's a game where literally all you do is circle around a contracting, infinite realm of hexagons (and pentagons and squares). Not to mention the control scheme is only two buttons.

Also, here's a tip from a player that's been playing for a while that you should learn if you haven't already: When you die on a stage and you want to immediately restart, the space bar is a waste of time, since it either requires you to move your playing hand or use your other hand. Instead, hold the 'Up' arrow when you die, as it does the same thing as the space bar, except without you having to ever move your hand from your playing keys or bringing your other hand in to hit the space bar. They don't make the Up arrow's function obvious, which is why I only know about it by accident.

I gave up on trying to beat the final stage because it's too goddamn hard. I have it on android and on Steam. My best records are on mobile, but interestingly enough my Steam records aren't more than a few seconds behind. Guess the skills translate despite the very different input methods.

1 - 149:11
2 - 94:01
3 - 61:54
4 - 78:21
5 - 83:10
6 - 17:48

Back