T-shirt gone AWOL?

Cleric

Reaction score
I have looked through the other posts on here about the HL2 releases an none of them say what is exactly in the collector's box!

Is the collector's box where the t-shirt is or has it just been scrapped? if this has already been brought up I apologise but that is the main thing I wanted out of all the gubbins that was rumoured to have been put into the collectors edition!

Retail Collectors Edition box (you buy in the store).
-Half-Life 2 DVD version
-Counter-Strike: Source
-Half-Life: Source
-T-shirt (XL)
-Prima guide (not the "raising the bar book", its a hybrid).

Cheers for the info, but if i bought the Gold package over steam would the collectors box that comes with that contain the t-shirt??

Cleric said:
Cheers for the info, but if i bought the Gold package over steam would the collectors box that comes with that contain the t-shirt??

Gold — HL2*, Counter-Strike: Source, Half-Life 1: Source*, Day of Defeat: Source*, Valve's back catalog currently available on Steam, Complete Strategy Guide from Prima Games, 3 different Half-Life 2 posters, Half-Life 2 hat, Half-Life 2 postcard, Half-Life 2 stickers, Half-Life 2 Soundtrack CD, Chance to win a trip to Valve! (1 trip offered for every 5000 Gold packages purchased).

nope, does not look like it is part of the gold package, you get a hat though.

Actually:
3. "Gold" -- $89.95
-- Half-Life 2*
-- Counter-Strike: Source
-- Half-Life 1: Source*
-- Day of Defeat: Source*
-- Valve's back catalog currently available on Steam
-- Complete Half-Life 2 Strategy Guide from Prima Games
-- 3 different Half-Life 2 posters
-- Half-Life Collector's box
-- Half-Life 2 hat
-- Half-Life 2 postcard
-- Half-Life 2 stickers
-- Half-Life 2 Soundtrack CD
-- Chance to win a trip to Valve! (1 trip offered for every 5000 Gold packages purchased).
*(To be made available upon products' release.)

hmmmm

Info from Valve says tha the Collectors box is just a box, so that you can put it on the shelf, as many people are fond of doing. There is no Media contained within, and likely nothing else either.

The description is not for a "Collectors Edition Box".

Homercidal said:
Info from Valve says tha the Collectors box is just a box, so that you can put it on the shelf, as many people are fond of doing. There is no Media contained within, and likely nothing else either.

The description is not for a "Collectors Edition Box".
Yeh I am wondering what box we get with Gold too.

Gold HL2 Package.jpg
looks different then the CE box on ebgames

One of the latest mails to Gabe says that you will be able to buy the T-Shirt separately.

Back