Team fortress 2 problem

aqil02

Reaction score
Erm guys sorry for the double post but erm really no one is answereing my post so ill say my problem again.Team fortress 2 restarts when i go ingame.i mean my computer restarts.Put everything on low and using a .cfg file.

specs:2gb ram
G31 express chipset with gma 3100
Intel core two processer e7500 @2.93ghz
Integrated sound
Wireless card:tl-wn350g
Other integrated network(wired):atheros ar8131 ci-e gigabit ethernet controller

btw if anyone is gona say change your graphic card,that isint an option cos my dad wont let me.And ive checked sytem requirement labs and they said i pass minimum thanks in advance and i can play css fine but with low to get good fps

Which graphics card do you have? You gotta try installing the newest drivers anyway.

erm i just said it in specs its the g31/g33 integrated graphics and i have the latest gma drivers.all other drivers really hard to find and if i go the gigabyte website the drivers are outdated.

btw i have scanned my computer for viruses and there was a whole load of em so i put em in the virus vault but still no hope......

Does it just go dark like someone hit the power switch, or do you get a brief screen with text on it? Does it only crash when playing TF2 or does it crash at other times?

Verify integrity of game cache, and if that dosent work then try reinstalling it.

verified thrice and reinstalled thrice no luck....it just go dark like someone hit the power switch.no bsod.used to have it now no.btw no its now my power supply cos if it was there would be an alarm or something as i set it.sheez does the gma really suck this much?

I think one of the parts is broken, does this also occur in other games?

Not in half life 2 or another other source 2004 games but portal it gives me a memory error i think.I used to have the same error in tf2 but when i used a cfg no error but restart and what do u mean by parts broken?

erm i just said it in specs its the g31/g33 integrated graphics and i have the latest gma drivers.all other drivers really hard to find and if i go the gigabyte website the drivers are outdated.

There's your problem. Integrated graphics cards can't really handle proper games so if you want to run TF2 properly you'll need to buy a dedicated graphics card. The good news is that TF2 is isn't too intensive on the GPU so you should be fine with a mid-range card costing around £50/$65. The rest of your rig seems good to go, just install the GPU and it should run smoothly on high settings. :)

EDIT: Just read the rest of the post... SRL is just a guide, just because it says you can run TF2 doesn't mean you actually can. The only way I can think of running it on a integrated graphics card is *perhaps* downloading a mod of simplified textures then replacing the current ones and turning the HUD off and lowering all setting to there bare minimum. But srsly, just get a GPU. They're pretty easy to install, google it if you don't know how. In fact I bet you could do it without your dad ever knowing if you get it right. Meh its up to you.

........now ill never play tf2.will a geforce 4 mx440 -8x help?pls dont call me stupid for saying that.im just asking

........now ill never play tf2.will a geforce 4 mx440 -8x help?pls dont call me stupid for saying that.im just asking

TF2 needs at least Pixel Shader 1.1, which the mx440 doesn't support.(Portal and EP2 need shader 1.1 as well, while HL2 and EP1 don't, this is the cause of the crashes)
Your only option is upgrading your gpu, otherwise you're outta luck.

If you need help choosing a new GPU just ask in the hardware forums

i fixed the problem!!!! i used swiftshader and it worked
but of course at the cost of a little fps but its still playable
anyway guys thx for your time :D

i fixed the problem!!!! i used swiftshader and it worked
but of course at the cost of a little fps but its still playable
anyway guys thx for your time :D

Wow, i'm surprised that Swiftshader gave you playable speeds, congrats anyway :)

on 2nd thought maybe not so playable average when no explosions or anything10 fps

when enemies are there shooting about 5 fps

any fps configs?

No, I used to also have such an situation(with a shit processor and a good GPU) and also got about 5 fps when alot was going on.
Swiftshader means all rendering is going through your CPU(leaving your GPU unused), leaving less CPU power which is needed to keep the game running.

Be sure that all settings are at their lowest(including resolution), and you have the launch parameter -dxlevel 80

putting 640x480 is gonna get my tf2 to hang but im gonna try 800x600 and i already have -dxlevel 80
thx anyway

a note to anyone with the gma and is crashing like me.
use swiftshader and apply a fps config easily found on the net and put resolution to 800x600
u can try 640x480
but it hung my com
also make sure you have alot of ram and virtual memory
and make sure your processer is fast otherwise GET A NEW RIG
it cost some fps but still its playable
:D

We first of all well done for getting the game to run on an intergrated graphics card, I am truly impressed. To take some of the strain of your cpu you should try to end as many non-essential background processes as you can. I used to have a program that whould do this all for me but I lost it and can't remember the name, but if you hunt around on google I'm sure you can find something. Failing that make sure you quit any programs and especially anti-virus software which is a real drain (just remember to turn it on again though or else you'll get computer AIDS)

Second of all, try running the game in windowed mode. That might help.

As for configs I found this:

http://www.doomsters.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=6590

on a thread, maybe it will help.

Good Luck!

did all that and by the way i use avira anti viurs personal.do i have to quit it .btw i went from avg to avira becos i heard avg takes too much system resources

Disabling your virusscanner makes a minimal difference.
Sorry mate, the only way to speed things up with Swiftshader is overclocking your CPU, which will keep it unplayable.

Just buy a cheap video card like this one, and you'll be able to play TF2 in it's full glory without any stuttering.

nah nvm i can stand playing at an average of about 10-20 fps.
and btw i cant
maybe ill ask my dad after my examinations
if i get good results
thx anyway
and also am i the only one who used integrated gfx for tf2?
or is they other people
yay i have achived the almost imposibble
which is playing tf2 with integrated graphics
of course with the help of swiftshader and a few other people for the fps configs

nah nvm i can stand playing at an average of about 10-20 fps.
and btw i cant
maybe ill ask my dad after my examinations
if i get good results
thx anyway
and also am i the only one who used integrated gfx for tf2?
or is they other people
yay i have achived the almost imposibble
which is playing tf2 with integrated graphics
of course with the help of swiftshader and a few other people for the fps configs

You're not the first, there are some integrated chipsets which can also run TF2 without Swiftshader.

kewl if anyone knows how to do that then pls tell me
playing tf2 with swiftshader is needed for me not wanted
some people can even play crysis with a 64 mb card
heres the video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mq6094xrnTU
imposible right?
thats like playing tf2 with what an ati rage 2?

YES! Finally I got Team Fortress 2 to run on my Gameboy on lowest settings and I can run it on my nes a medium-high settings, I'll upload a video later.
Maybe I could try running Half-life 2 and portal aswell!

ok? erm is this sarcasm or real? and like tf2 on gameboy????Thats like playing crysis with a geforce 4 or something or maybe a voodoo 2
very Very weird
the next thing u know i could be playing crysis or far cry 2 on my atari 5200
post the youtube video here

ok
so anyone figured it out about the crysis thing
oh and 1 more thing
anyone can help me with this?
i want to put multi core in tf2 settings
but it makes tf2 hang
any solutions?

It was sarcasm, it would be Impossible to do that because of Team fortress 2's graphical needs

You don't have a good enough graphics card. Period. It's not a problem with your processor, it's your graphics card.

using pure processor power to use the game
running in software mode(swiftshader)
maybe lack of processor power?

You don't have a good enough graphics card. Period. It's not a problem with your processor, it's your graphics card.

This. Get over it, your computer won't run it well enough to play decently.

nah nvm i average 20-30 fps now that i put fullscreen and 640x480
thx anyway guys

You can get a OK gfx card that will run tf2 better for less than $50.

Back