teh my consperasee theory

ultraq

Reaction score
its kinda wierd that when you get a delay forum almost no body posts his conspiracy theory in it :/

I am going to list some possibilities, starting with the most hopefull ones .. then down to the darker ones. some of them are stupid :p

my top 10 conspiracy theories:

1: it's all a joke! they are going to release it on sept 30th and say "hahah .. sept 30th DOES count as a holiday release!!!"

2: vivendi are narrow minded and they decided to delay it until the holidays, but valve is still going to release it on 30th on steam. the email we got from doug is fake. valve's mail server got hacked (everyone knows they are having issues with it, it might as well be hacked) and some hacker sent a wierd press releae to shacknews because that's the only website he knows of. after getting the hl2.net e-mail he checked the site out and decided to tell them that yeah its ture, u know sry i didnt tell ya cuz our server is teh scrwed up!!

3: same as the above, except that they are delaying it few days because they are having these nasty issues with steam. i mean, its all those anti-steam whinners' fault. without them valve would released the game on time!!!! dammm them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111 LOL

4: the game is NOT finished yet, it will be delayed only few weeks .. no big deal.

5: doug tried to convince vivendi about the sept 30 date but they dont want to because they want teh money!! they also told him .. hey, u c steam is unstable now. not good idea to releae it now eh? and nvidia's new 50 drivers aren't ready yet and u sure don't wanna upset all the nvidia users do ya? he tried and tried but no use. he finally gave up and said yeah well, looks like we won't make the 30th! even thu the game has already gone gold.

6: the game is finished, but the demo and the sdk and all the manuals and stff aren't. so too bad, can't release!

7: It was delayed a little, not much thu. but this little delay means now instead of a sept 30th release its going to be some time october. vivendi exploited this to tell valve "hey, its gonna be delayed a month already, so just delay it a bit more and we will get more $$$$$$$!!!! OMG MORE MONEY!! so they said yeah i guess that works!

8: the game is not yet finished, it needs more time, more work. they just can't make the release, and valve knew that all along but kept insisting on it to please all the fanboys. they realised it was going to be a shock if they just say it all of a sudden. so they arranged with vivendi to make this stupid rumors stuff to prepare us for what's next. OR: they just can't say yeah well it's delayed. they still had some hope they will make it in the 30th. but when they were a week away and still the game isn't gold. they realised they won't make it. so they finally announced it! <<<<< i think this is Fragmaster's theory

9: valve lost all/portion of the code of half-life 2. all thier computers got hacked, their offices were attacked and the CDs destroyed by fragmaster and his terrorist organization because he doesn't want to embarres himself by dressign like gordon giving out free hl2 copies omn teh street!!!!

10: It's all a fake! half-life2 doesn't exist. what we saw was a movie, meant to be rendered on super end machines. there can't exist a game with such graphics that can run on 700mghz!!!

You can only have one conspiracy theory. Otherwise it isnt a conspiracy theory :)

i can't have one. i'm always like "hmm .. it must be like this and this and this .." then i'm like "but what about this? it could be that .. or maybe even that!"

i hope that #2 is true, but i don't really believe it.
I think it's the steam stuff that's causing the delay

lol i say #1, because September 30th IS now a holiday, because it's when HL2 isgoing to be released!!!!

Back