Terrorists attack Istanbul.

GhostValkyrie

Reaction score
Well, Kadayi, you wanted news.

Go here.

Hopefully Kerberos reads this, as well. I guess Istanbul has "freedom fighters," too.:dozey:

AFAIK Turkey hasn't been invaded, so I'd say they were terrorists rather than 'freedom fighters'. Looks like Osama's boys are on the offensive again (not good news with the build up to Christmas)

I was being sarcastic. Kerberos claimed that these terrorists are simply global "freedom fighters."

You should know I feel quite differently.

I don't even pay attention to this anymore. I'm pretty against the war, but this has happened SO MUCH lately that...well I've become desensitized.

There are ways and means to protest things. Killing civilians certainly isn't one of them. Was kerberos referencing Al -Qaida or the Palestinians bombers when he made that statement? Because there are distinctly different motives behind each groups actions. The palestinian bombers are fighting against the israelis because of israels continued supression of their people. Whereas Al-Qaida are attacking/targetting the west primarily on religious grounds.

Well, I'm really against the war (or really against Bush and the way it's been handled, I do belive that sometimes war is an option).

These attacks will make the "coalition of the willing" gain more sympathy though, especially in Islamic countries.

This just doesn't make any sense. If I was a conspiracy theorist, I'd say it's more likely some clandestine US agency is behind this.

Istanbul was Constantinople
Now it's Istanbul, not Constantinople
Been a long time gone, Constantinople
Now it's Turkish delight on a moonlit night

Every gal in Constantinople
Lives in Istanbul, not Constantinople
So if you've a date in Constantinople
She'll be waiting in Istanbul

Even old New York was once New Amsterdam
Why they changed it I can't say
People just liked it better that way

So take me back to Constantinople
No, you can't go back to Constantinople
Been a long time gone, Constantinople
Why did Constantinople get the works?
That's nobody's business but the Turks

I'm not sure what Bush is doing, but it's probably the right thing ...

Originally posted by LoneDeranger
I'm not sure what Bush is doing, but it's probably the right thing ...

Thank you, for your positive post. :thumbs:
It goes quite a way, after a long day of work...
Rather than the usual "STFU."

BTW: They Might Be Giants rules!

Back