TF2 Beta unlock time

Guys - the Win32 nor the Linux ded server binaries have been made available yet.

They aren't actually expecting to launch a beta without hosting *any servers* at all are they? Because that would be ridiculous.. They must have planned to get some of their own servers for the initial launch...

3 am CHECK

3rd red bull CHECK

Slow festering hatred, and worn out F5 key EFFIN' CHECK

Guys - the Win32 nor the Linux ded server binaries have been made available yet.

So if it's released in 3 minutes, it means Valve expect users to host games, or there isn't going to be any servers.

The other alternative is that they release the binaries with the client unlock, but this would mean no servers until admins have time to launch them...

I have a feeling it's just not going to happen.

Give it another few hours.

Valve said that the Linux binaries will come after the Win32 ones though, so my server won't be up right away... :(

Anyone else starting to think that an "August 17th release" means at 11:59PM PST on August 17th?

6PM PST.....still no love. In reality this is happening tomorrow....right?

The forums are going down. All personel, report to your designated emergency assembly areas at once for immediate disembarkment. Take only what you can carry. This is Allied Command, signing off. Godspeed, men.

Not really that surprising considering Valve is involved. It's not coming out today and it probably never was.

I love how they decide to put out the client update and mention absolutely nothing about TF2...

well it's not like we have anywhere else to go... Valve's forums have self-destructed and its not like TF2 got released yet.

Not really that surprising considering Valve is involved. It's not coming out today and it probably never was.

that would be totally bull if it doesn't come out today, and i'm going by my clock in eastern time zone. If you advertise that something is going to be released on a certain day, and you do it as a gimmic to get people to preorder the game from you, you better follow through. I could care less if your Valve or if your Activision value with a deer hunter game. That's false advertising, and i'm pretty sure that's illegal. Is it not, maybe i'm wrong. But i'm getting pissed off now, that much is for sure :angry:

So we noobs cannot be brought into this community because we are really excited about this game?

Sorry to invade your precious forums. You really ought to be excited about more people getting involved if you care about the community.

The "day" is over, it's now evening.

Dictionary.com said:
1. the interval of light between two successive nights; the time between sunrise and sunset: Since there was no artificial illumination, all activities had to be carried on during the day.
2. the light of day; daylight: The owl sleeps by day and feeds by night.
3. Astronomy. a. Also called mean solar day. a division of time equal to 24 hours and representing the average length of the period during which the earth makes one rotation on its axis.
b. Also called solar day. a division of time equal to the time elapsed between two consecutive returns of the same terrestrial meridian to the sun.
c. Also called civil day. a division of time equal to 24 hours but reckoned from one midnight to the next. Compare lunar day, sidereal day.

4. an analogous division of time for a planet other than the earth: the Martian day.
5. the portion of a day allotted to work: an eight-hour day.
6. a day on which something occurs: the day we met.
7. (often initial capital letter) a day assigned to a particular purpose or observance: New Year's Day.
8. a time considered as propitious or opportune: His day will come.
9. a day of contest or the contest itself: to win the day.
10. Often, days. a particular time or period: the present day; in days of old.
11. Usually, days. period of life or activity: His days are numbered.
12. period of existence, power, or influence: in the day of the dinosaurs.
13. light1 (def. 19a).
—Idioms14. call it a day, to stop one's activity for the day or for the present; quit temporarily: After rewriting the paper, she decided to call it a day.
15. day in, day out, every day without fail; regularly: They endured the noise and dirt of the city day in, day out. Also, day in and day out.

So depending what definition you go by, the day has ended or not ended.

So we noobs cannot be brought into this community because we are really excited about this game?

Sorry to invade your precious forums. You really ought to be excited about more people getting involved if you care about the community.

We'll just set our noob cannons to stun. And welcome. It's always good to see a fresh face.

He said "noob", not "newb". Stupid noob J/K

our epeens (post count) must not be big enough to participate hydroshok

our epeens (post count) must not be big enough to participate hydroshok

I think it has more to do with join date :farmer:

If I check my server for updates and see 'HLDS installation up to date' again I'm going to cry.

at this point i'm waiting for the front page add on their store in steam to change from saying play tf2 beta sept 17th, to Preorder orange box and save 5 dollars and play TF2 beta when enough people have preordered.

Back