TF2 Beta unlock time

Why is it always a driver issue? Most people probably have the latest version of their drivers, and Valve should have made it to work with them.

Why is it always a driver issue? Most people probably have the latest version of their drivers, and Valve should have made it to work with them.

Well, I use beta drivers atm so I don't know if that could be an issue.
Furthermore, beta drivers often contain fixes for recent games (like the new NVidia drivers -should- improve Bioshock, Crysis, MOH:AB, etc...)

"+map none -window" seemed to fix my issue. I know I'm not the only with the issue, but its a work around till its fixed.

Well, I use beta drivers atm so I don't know if that could be an issue.
Furthermore, beta drivers often contain fixes for recent games (like the new NVidia drivers -should- improve Bioshock, Crysis, MOH:AB, etc...)

Good point... I'm using the beta nvidia drivers because Bioshock would crash otherwise....

Parrot, click it to play, it shows 65% and does nothing, if you click it it starts to decrypt the files.

Been playing the last hour or so, its really fun.

Though even from just 1 hour playing it the Engineer class gets totally spammed and the turrets are incredibly annoying, especially when youve got a tiny bottleneck somewhere and its impossible to get past with 300 turrets set up.

;( It's so beautiful.

But why is there only commentary on three maps? I wanted 2fort commentary! Oh well...I should just be happy that I got 2fort period. ;)

How do you play with Commentary? Something to do next morning...

Was one of maybe 40 people to be playing the first round of TF2 ever on that server and probably one of the first in Australia!

That was fun.

I ran into Pressure actually :D

It's 5:30 AM here.

Parrot, click it to play, it shows 65% and does nothing, if you click it it starts to decrypt the files.

Been playing the last hour or so, its really fun.

Though even from just 1 hour playing it the Engineer class gets totally spammed and the turrets are incredibly annoying, especially when youve got a tiny bottleneck somewhere and its impossible to get past with 300 turrets set up.

Ta. Just played it for a bit. Bloody funny game :)

wow, look at the number of pages, incredible. And there seems to loads of people I have never seen before. I guess thats what happens when a new valve game is being released..

Is anyone else getting this, that TF2 won't start up, yeh my files has decrypted but it just won't load the main menu, I'm so frustrated, now I'm sitting at College on a school computer because I never got to play it this morning...:flame:

And nice amount of pages...:bounce:

Just use the Spy to destroy turrets, it's very easy!

Just back from work.

Decrypting and TF2 is working!! Whooo

:cheers:

I hate you all because I can't play it.

Grrrr.

"The game is currently unavailable. Please try again at another time."

;(

HOORAY! The beta is up! See you all online! :D

EDIT: SOunds like you guys one heck of a night, first its unlocked, then it crashed then you gotta get a fix...

Has anyone come up with a sort of fix, instead of re-installing it, It's over 4GB

Which problem?

Adding -window to the launch options has fixed a lot of people's issue with starting it. As for crashes, I think there are too many different ones to know how to fix them.

Didn't run into a single crash, only a lot of people seemed to get laggy on one server, but i didn't.

only once played tfc - didn't like it. once played FF - liked it less.
Played the whole day TF2 -f*cking loved it ! So much fun with all the different classes.

My recommendations :thumbs:

This game rules, one of the best multiplayer FPS's I've played, every class is fun to play. Love being the medic and supporting the heavies.

started up a server just to test all the weapons and abilities.

only bugs i ran across were the sniper using the medic's voice for its taunts, and the heavy's taunt animation for the minigun looking weird with the shotgun in its place if are out of ammo for the mg when you taunt.

Aside from those issues, the only complaint i have is that some of the weapon animations lack a certain "oomph" Especially the flamethrower.

(Edit) There's also some issue where i can only do like 3 or 4 out of the 27 voice command options

only once played tfc - didn't like it. once played FF - liked it less.
Played the whole day TF2 -f*cking loved it ! So much fun with all the different classes.

My recommendations :thumbs:

It's like the people who played 1.6 competitively, source wasn't the game for them. No "pro" cs team really likes source. They implemented some good ideas, but it didn't fit the community. I feel that the TFC competitive community will feel the same about TF2, granted it's a really fun pub game (like source), but Valve doesn't cater to the competitive community. This is what Valve wanted, and they did a really good job. I know they wouldn't make as much money making a game for competition. So it's the only way they can really make the game.

They'll probably go for fortress forever instead, just like cs1.6 are waiting for promod (if it ever comes out).

And I really like TF2, it's fun, way better than source was to 1.6. I like the many new ideas they implemented.

Can anyone tell me if the soldiers still have the spinning nail grenades.
thx.

Can anyone PM me if we can use bots?

I did:

bot

in console, but they all join spectators...

PM me, because this flood is massive and big and will grow.

I just registered so I can give you some info I researched. My game would hang after about 20 seconds of it loaded (no valve logo or anything loading up) IF I HAD AA AND AF ON!!!

I have a 2900xt so it frustrates me that I can't play it with AA and AF. If I have those both or singularly on (ie, you have to have both off in order for it to not hang) the game crashes. No valve logo at the begining etc..

If I turn them both off I have no issues and have played for hours. I get the valve logo at the begining and everything, even in widescreen fullscreen mode.

To figure this out I turned evreything to low or off then started adding things back. AA/AF is where I got stuck. I do curently have HDR and Motion Blur and Vsync and Color correction off I believe. But I have everything else at high. Tonight I will screw around with HDR and motionblur and see if adding those crashes too.

Hope that helps!! (please either Valve or AMD/ATI fix this!!!)

Maybe someone with the equivalent (or closest to) nVidia card could have a look at this.

I have an 8800 GTS, but I'm unable to go in and have a look :(

i have the best nvidia card of the 7800 series
and it runs good. but my computer stresses a bit (need to upgrade)
crashed a few times but ran real good for hours (lower video settings) getting about 50-60fps

I'm running it on max settings with a 7900GS, the only lag/framerate issues I had were because of ping not graphics.

what computer specs you have?
im on the same card
maybe it was just lag.
ill try turning up the settings again later.

Back