The Anatomy of a HeadCrab

The Oriface on the underside of a Headcrab is:

• It has teeth, so it must be a Mouth!

Votes: 103 58.5%
  • I could not see teeth, so it should be an Anus!

Votes: 15 8.5%
  • It is a bullethole from my H&K USP Match!

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • It is the hole needed to fit it on the Display Stand! (sold seperately)

Votes: 17 9.7%
  • It is in fact, a lady Headcrab!

Votes: 35 19.9%

• Total voters
OOO, a cliffhanger

I can't wait for the exciting conclusion

I dont know! Can't you post a pic? I have a hard time rembering how it looks
edit: I bet I could cook one.

Um, the nastily-organic sconce where skulls lodge inside, ripe for brain-violation and/or consumption?

Do I win?

Do you mean that mouth looking thing with all the teeth?
It's the mouth that they use to hang on to their victims...

It has teeth, so it must be a Mouth!

Well, I imagine it's a bit like a male Deep Sea Anglerfish. The males bite the female, and then their mouths fuse to her and their bloodstreams even integrate into hers.

So the mouth idea may not be so far fetched. All the headcrab has over the anglerfish is the ability to also merge its nervous system with the host...

Brian Damage said:
Well, I imagine it's a bit like a male Deep Sea Anglerfish. The males bite the female, and then their mouths fuse to her and their bloodstreams even integrate into hers.

So the mouth idea may not be so far fetched. All the headcrab has over the anglerfish is the ability to also merge its nervous system with the host...

Oooooo...... i like i like...... i have already submitted to your intelligence...... :cheers:

Brain Damage..

Brian Damage said:

Good Theory! I saw this on Japanese TV before, pretty creepy!

Well, we know that Headcrabs come from the Gonarch and don't reproduce themselves (kind of like Ants/Termites that are born impotent drones by a Queen), so it can't be a vagina (there I said it :p). It has got to be a mouth like a lampray or leech (just much bigger).

Quite possibly the most disgusting/hillarious poll ever!
Good work.

Its a hole that humans dont have. I like to call it a "leech hole".

Joims said:
:sniper: Usp in teh Stomach. Does it have a stomach?

****...ewww! It looks like a wide spread asshole! Is that from HL2?

omg the headcrab in the pic is having his period! :p

Brian Damage said:

thanks for turning a funny thread into a half-serious thread.. :E
but i should have seen this coming from u ;)

I didn't play hl1, so I guess I'll have to wait till I've played hl2 with a shottie, then I'll splater one on a wall and examine it. I can't say how much will be left but I can say it will be safer to examine in that state.

where's the, "that's the bit that opens over the head" option? Well seeing as zombies without headcrabs look partially digested... I'd say mouth.

surely its the mouth like orafice that goes over the top of a victims head... and tightens :/

you can get a better look at the end of the Ravenholm bink, when one is beaten up against the side of the wall, with the crowbar, when failing to hit it with the magnum.

this is a little off topic but does anyone have a good picture of a headcrab?

Dr. Freeman said:
thanks for turning a funny thread into a half-serious thread.. :E
but i should have seen this coming from u ;)

I do what I can...

It's so a mouth...but am I the only one who thinks it looks like a pimple with legs and a mouth?

I thought about taking a shuttle SFF box and modding it into a Head Crab with milliput over part of a childs helmet or a plastic skull and use jointed construction toys for the maw and legs. I was thinking about making the front jaw things flexible with flexible milliput stuff so that when you want to put a CD in you push a button concealed on its head and the mouth opens and then it would have a slotted pioneer drive so you just stick the CD into the Head Crabs mouth. It would fairly easy to mod the mechanism and paint the outer shell with ventilation holes, but I can't take on a new project right now... I might do it next spring. I also need some better pictures of the head crab. I wish I could find some damn concept art of a head crab without a zombie....

Please PM me any close up pictures you got...

I think I might start making the head crab enclosure and then just wait on the PC components once I get the measurements.

Please PM me any close up pictures...

youve got it all wrong...
you see, the hole is both mouth AND anus...
Once it lands on your head, it bites it off and consumes instantly, however, within SECONDS it shits in your neck thus carying the message of Duke Nukem on and on...forever...

Kel Thuzad said:
youve got it all wrong...
you see, the hole is both mouth AND anus...
Once it lands on your head, it bites it off and consumes instantly, however, within SECONDS it shits in your neck thus carying the message of Duke Nukem on and on...forever...

Dude I think you might need a little help.... \ :bonce:

I would imagine that a headcrab's inner anatomy would resemble a facehugger's anatomy.

Who cares.

Once that bastard latches onto your head, you're ****ed. All there is to it.

PC Gamer said it was a butthole. So it must be a butthole.

:p

Bait said:
Who cares.

Once that bastard latches onto your head, you're ****ed. All there is to it.

I heard the only way to kill it on your head is with a crowbar....

Back