The Final Hour of Portal 2

Why oh why is it only on the iPhone? I'd gladly pay for it if it was in a format I actually owned.

Why don't they launch it on Valve Store????? Then everybody is happy (PC/XBOX360/PS3/MAC)

Because it isn't produced by Valve, it was made by Geoff Keighley shadowing Valve over the development of Portal 2.

There is a Q&A you can read which also touches on why he made this just for the ipad. The pricing & platform are experimental he says...I think the price is reasonable, I would pay it...but I don't have an ipad or a tablet. There are ibook readers for Android & iOS which might have been better options.

I don't think I'll buy it. I would buy a sort of Cronicle of America, but set in the Half Life universe, and shows important events and tchnologies that led up to the combine invasion in a timeline fasion

Just searched the App Store for it here in the UK (on my iPhone 4) and I can't see it - so it would appear it's either a US only or iPad only affair. Bah!

Only iPad. I'd buy it if there was an iPhone version released.

I would buy this for my iPhone too. Shucks.

In fact, Portal 2 will probably be Valve's last game with an isolated single-player experience.

Gabe has a few ideas of his own--including a top-secret project in development that won't be ready for another five years. "The next five years, when you look back, it's going to make today look like the stone ages," he says before disappearing around a corner.
5char

Why go to the effort of putting it together only to limit its release. ****ing stupid.

Why go to the effort of putting it together only to limit its release. ****ing stupid.
TBH the iPad apps are a proven route to profitability. I hate that it's restricted too, but I can see why. The iPhone app will probably come later.

Look at the guy on the left. I assume they partially modeled Cave after him? Looks just like him-

A: I know this will be a frequent question. I started with iPad because I love the device; in many ways it helped inspire me to write this story. It’s a good platform to publish log-form journalism with multimedia elements. But I do realize that iPads are expensive to own and many Valve fans may not have one. If the iPad version is somewhat successful I am committed to getting this story onto other platforms. I appreciate your patience.

No ****ing shit Geoff Keighley. Maybe it would of made more sense to make it available via Steam :rolleyes:

Back