there is a way to start steam in offline mode?

<RJMC>

The Freeman
Reaction score
my internet sucks so sometimes I dont have it

and cant start steam cuz of that,when I try it says something like "since there is no start info on this pc offline mode cant be activated" which means exactly what?

that I can do start it in offline in some way?

is there a way for it or I am screwed if I dont have internet?

Try disabling your network connections in control panel and then starting it.

Also make sure that Steam is saving your account credentials aka your username and password otherwise Offline mode will be disabled.

The error is saying that you have to have logged in online mode at least once on that PC before you can use offline mode.

Have you done this?

If you have, then I guess follow Penguin's suggestion.

I really wish Valve would fix offline mode, whenever I've actually have had need of it(as in not having internet...), it hasn't worked.

these steps "should" make it work for you:

1) make sure you've connected once to the steam servers with the current PC.
2) make sure to check the save password option on the login prompt.
3) go to settings and under account make sure the "do not save account credentials on this computer"-option is unchecked.
4) make sure you have no pending game updates e.g. paused updates.
5)if it still doesn't work by now or if your trying to force offline mode even though you have connection- try and disabling your network adapter.

6) the problem with offline mode is that even if you have steam setup correctly to use it, in time it will clear your offline mode status. basically steam requires you to every so often(I think it's a 30 day limit) to activate offline mode, in order to renew your offline ticket. that ticket is the "clientregistry.blob"-file...yup the same file that seems to fix a bunch of steam client errors when you delete and re-download it. anyways if any of above didn't work you still have a shot with this...if you have any other computer that lets you on steam either offline or online...use that computer go to offline mode, then exit and copy the clientregistry.blob-file to the computer you have trouble with and it should fix it....worked for 2 of my computers when a thunder storm fired my internet, unfortunately in didn't work for my main rig where I really wanted it to work(still doesn't work...network adapter got fired)...so ****ing annoying!

Back