Think about CS : Source

M

MagiciaN

id just like to outline a few of my thoughts from reading this forum because it occurs to me that some people are asking for things to be added to the game without giving proper thought to the game itself.

the sheild; the amount of people that want to keep this in the game constantly amaze me ... yes its a nice idea ... yes in theory it could be fun ... but you have SEEN the sheild now, you KNOW what people do with it. Incase you dont ill spell it out. 90% of people that buy a sheild do so to annoy the other players in the server without ferther thought of playing constructivly. People are asking for the sheild to be made better / hit detection improved etc etc. Let me present a simple solution (if we HAVE to keep it in the game)

PRICE IT HIGH. you now have the people that want to use it to annoy and disrupt the game having to play 2/3 rounds without buying to be able to afford it, then 2/3 more if they lose it. Problem over, people that truely like it can still use it. People who are annoying idiots bored of the game and looking for less constructive fun will not.

On another note iv seen people asking for all other kinds of graphical tricks such as footsteps showing on the floor and fading like the dead bodys.

to ask for such a thing is irrisponsible , what if some1 actually listens to you?
you havnt thought this idea through at all , let me explain why.

my guess is at least half the people that ask for these kind of things have also complained about their suffering FPS as the updates have come out .. any idea what thousands of footsteps around the map will do?

anyway this post is getting too long so i wont mention the fact that it will render sound (one of the most involving qualities of gameplay) less important

overall id just like to say, think it thought when you actually ask for these things. Its hard enough to make a good game without getting hundreds of suggestions that will ultimatly damage the game. There are people posting good ideas here but they are swamped by the silly, poorly thought out ideas.

Poeple are entitled to their own opinions MagiciaN. No need to go starting threads willy nilly becuse someone has suggested something that goes against what you and some of your elitist CS friends think is RIGHT for CS. Get down off your high horse for a minute end enjoy the game for what it is. A GAME. I used to get all stressed out about little things in CS, and it's these little things that made me leave the competitive scene (basically the 'pr0' players who exploit every little thing to increase their K/D ratio). I enjoy playing for the fun of it, in some ways I get more enjoyment out of it than I did when I was a 3 hour a day CSer. And yes, I realise that this post makes me seem like a self reighteous hippocrite but I've read too many opinionated posts today :)

Back