Today is a Good Day.

Oh well, I guess I'm not so upset since it's not like I've been playing TF2 much. Wonder how people first got word of it?

4chan, and people first spreading word around.

psst I heard it on 4chan

I got one!
Robin Walker said in the blog post to keep your eyes peeled for "goodies", so we were forewarned.

I was asleep.

Nice one Valve. Odds are if they do another thing like this I'll miss it too. Time zones do you know what they are Valve?

Asleep at midday?

EARLY MAGGOTS GET THE BIRD. Maggot.

tf2soldier.jpg

For background like usage till they maybe give us a better one...

Ah nuts, I heard people talking about medals but I didn't know they were exclusive to only a certain amount of players :(

I got my first hat this morning though :D

Rage on the internet for the timezone they did the medals in...while most of Europe slept...so there are almost 11000 medals to US players only.

gj.

What did this give players? Is the medal visible on the player model or something?
Sucks for us in EU etc :(

I demand custom looking European Union colored medals for europeans!

Or just any other colored medal

To quote the relevant soldier bio from launch:
Though he wanted desperately to fight in World War 2, the Soldier was rejected from every branch of the U.S. military. Undaunted, he bought his own ticket to Europe. After arriving and finally locating Poland, the Soldier taught himself how to load and fire a variety of weapons before embarking on a Nazi killing spree for which he was awarded several medals that he designed and made himself. His rampage ended immediately upon hearing about the end of the war in 1949.

This is an unlock though right? As in I can still earn it during play?

Nope, the medals are all gone now. But there might be a similar event for other classes.

Back