Tony Blair: War Criminal

Stylo

The Freeman
Reaction score
So, this is pretty big stuff in Britain right now. I don't know how much attention it gets anywhere else but The Leveson Inquiry (More info here) has made the news today for being gatecrashed. This will be the second time that hearings surrounding media phone hacking scandals have been interrupted recently in such a way, following on from the Rupert Murdoch Pie-Face-Punch-Up that happened last time.

Anyway, this guy managed to get into the court room and brand former Prime Minister Tony Blair a War Criminal for his actions in the Iraq War and chuck in a few accusations before being forcibly removed. There were also several Anti-War protesters outside to greet Blair when he turned up.

Watch the moment here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18234953#TWEET151782

BBC said:
A protester has been removed from the Leveson Inquiry after bursting into the courtroom and accusing Tony Blair of war crimes.

As the man was removed from court, Lord Leveson apologised to Mr Blair for the interruption, and ordered an immediate investigation into how the man got through a 'secure corridor' to disrupt proceedings.

Mr Blair went on to deny all allegations made by the protester.

Hopefully this intrusion isn't the closest thing to actual justice we'll see in these proceedings.

Meh, I prefer it when they throw physical stuff, like shoes.

Hopefully this intrusion isn't the closest thing to actual justice we'll see in these proceedings.
We can hope. All I've heard from the Murdochs is "I don't recall" "I wasn't aware" and then one of their paper Editors basically said it was the fault of the readers. The whole thing's a pretty depressing affair to watch really. At least this was something interesting to happen!

I honestly couldn't care less about the 'phone hacking scandal'. I mean yeah sure it sucks that they did that, but at the end of the day this ongoing drama is only serving a purpose to redirect public anger towards something other than the slimy ways and downright incompetency of the government.
At the end of the day Tony Blair will be immune to any war crimes.
Remember that war criminals are only present in war-trodden, non EU/US/UK supporting countries. Fools.

I'm genuinely interested in how that guy got in there. I'm banking on some version of Mission: Impossible's realistic face masks or at least a big black guy in the ventilation system.

I'm genuinely interested in how that guy got in there. I'm banking on some version of Mission: Impossible's realistic face masks or at least a big black guy in the ventilation system.

The latter, it has to be.

Blair is one of my most despised public figures but the reality is he is untouchable. None of the mud from the Chilcot inquiry stuck to him and Blair is used to sailing through this kind of negative blip.

The biggest scalp we're likely to see from Leveson is Jeremy Hunt IMO, but any other sideshow detracts from the likelihood of that. In fact I'm watching Hunt live at Leveson now and the familiarity with which he was sexting back and forth with Michel and Murdoch, during a time he had to fulfil his 'quasi-judicial role' over BSkyB, was outrageous. Very slimy guy and an utterly brazen twat to boot.

at the end of the day this ongoing drama is only serving a purpose to redirect public anger towards something other than the slimy ways and downright incompetency of the government.
The Olympics and Diamond Jubilee are doing a pretty spiffing job of that at the moment... and we keep being told we're supposed to be happy about it. We only just threw money at being pointlessly politically humiliated in the Eurovision song contest again.

It's like distraction central in the UK right now. Frigging UEFA Euro coming up as well, so people can all shout at a bunch of overpaid flounders "representing" us shepherding a ball of leather around a stadium for a while.

Back