[Updated] Steam Surpasses 75 Million Active Users

Omnomnick

Retired Lead Content Creator
Staff member
Reaction score
Update:
Valve has just confirmed the 75 million active user claim via an official press release. Overall, the Steam user base has expanded by a total of 15% in the final three months of 2013, with Valve citing the Autumn and Holiday sales as vital factors to the growth. So, no surprise there.

As shown in the pie chart below, the Steam publishing team provided information on Steam's holiday sales revenue, with North America (41%) and Europe (40%) accounting for the majority of sales. Again, no surprise there. What is surprising, however, is the rapid growth of the Russian and Brazilian territories, which have expanded by 128% and 75% over the past year, respectively.

steam_figures-png.24645

The pie chart Valve released, showing sales figures by regions in 2013.

Additionally, Valve has announced that recordings of all the talks at SteamDevDays will be available in the coming weeks, so we'll be sure to post the videos here on our front page when they are released.

Original Post:
Steam has recently surpassed 75 million active users, according to a tweet by Dave Oshry, who is currently attending the SteamDevDays conference in Seattle. The figure, which was reportedly announced during the opening presentation of the conference, means Steam has grown substantially since October 30th 2013, when Valve announced the service had surpassed 65 million total active users, far ahead of the 48 million held by Xbox Live.

While we currently still lack an official announcement directly from Valve, this new figure takes Steam even closer to beating the 110 million total users currently boasted by the Playstation Network, although these are not necessarily all active accounts. We'll keep you up to date if we learn more about the seemingly unstoppable Steam train.

Attachments

• slide.jpg
    slide.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 8,902
  • Steam_Figures.PNG
    Steam_Figures.PNG
    213.4 KB · Views: 12,305
Last edited:
Steam has 165M total accounts, 75M of which are active.
So PSN having 110M total accounts would mean it's quite smaller than Steam.

Steam has 165M total accounts, 75M of which are active.
So PSN having 110M total accounts would mean it's quite smaller than Steam.

Not sure where you got the total accounts figure from, you got a source?

What is surprising, however, is the rapid growth of the Russian and Brazilian territories, which have expanded by 128% and 75% over the past year, respectively.

not so suprising, it was kind of expected since they removed the need of an international cred card to buy games here (brazil) by adding more local friendly payment methods, like national cards and local third party Steam Wallet credit sellers.

Steam IDs are assigned in order, so all you have to do is find the largest Steam ID already assigned.

I doubt it, I've seen 10-digit steam IDs. Meaning over a billion accounts if you were right...

I doubt it, I've seen 10-digit steam IDs. Meaning over a billion accounts if you were right...

Ok, at this point I could just show you why you are sooo wrong, but as you chose to contradict someone on a matter you don't know jack about I'll just recommend you to read how they work before posting your next message. It's all on valve's own wiki, google it.
I bet you either won't respond or delete your message or just post how rude I am. I'll take take as an apology for your ignorance.

Huh, so you like to post in character

Back