Uwe Boll defends himself! Very interesting.

Asuka

Companion Cube
Reaction score
http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/40824

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=62899

[-------------------------------------------------]

Uwe Boll Has Had Enough [04:20 pm]
55 Comments - Chris Remo

After years of expressing casual resentment or disinterest towards the online treatment of his films, Uwe Boll has made himself very clear to Eurogamer about his feelings on his online critics, video game movies, Hollywood producers, and his plans in the near future. In short, he's quite frustrated. Dr. Boll feels that there are too many gamers who are judging his films not on actual experience but rather solely on his already poor reputation. In his view, each of his films is a substantial improvement over the prior one. In fact, he points out, the source material for the projects he works on is generally itself not of the highest caliber when it comes to things like plot, character development, or insight.

Furthermore, Boll has a lot of negative things to say about the process of turning games into movies in general. He claims that film producers know little about the games whose licenses they acquire, and furthermore game publishers do not take enough initiative in protecting and guiding the development of films based on their IP. He points out comic giant Marvel as an example of a company which takes a more active role in films based on its properties.

Boll also contradicted claims that his films exist to take advantage of a now-defunct German tax loophole for unprofitable films. He states that due in part to his low budgets, he is in fact well known for paying back his investors. Plus, his DVDs sell--House of the Dead is reportedly at 1.4 million sales.

"When I try to get videogames turned into movies, and get videogames accepted as [the equivalent of] best-selling books for the younger generation, I get only sh** from the videogames press - what an asshole I am, what a criminal I am for doing these movies, whatever, instead of being happy that there's a movie getting made of a game. This is what's confusing me."

Boll goes on to suggest that after Far Cry, he might stop making video game films completely. There are still a few more movies until then, however. The article contains a few tidbits about Boll's next film, the already controversial Postal adaptation. Vince Desi, CEO of Postal developer Running With Scissors, had vocally defended Boll as the perfect director for the project. He identifies with Boll as being something of an outcast in his field, and trusts that Boll is one of the few directors around willing to uncompromisingly translate the extreme shock value of the Postal games to the big screen. It looks like he's probably right about that, at any rate.

For example, the movie prominently features Osama bin Laden running a Taliban operation out of Arizona. Boll himself will also be violently killed in the movie, possibly by actual "Boll haters" who will be credited as extras. Oh, and also, there's this.

[---------------------------------------------------------------------------------]

Im starting to feel bad for this guy. I mean yes he made some really horrible movies but dunno maybe he is a learning director :/ Still i wouldnt want him touching some of the biggest gaming names out there till he has proven himself.

The article on euro gamer is very interesting, make sure you guys read it.

I have no sympathy. He's stated several times that he thinks the audiences of his movies are idiots for thinking they're bad films, and that they simply don't understand the material. If he's gonna insult us, he's not gonna get anything but a kick in the behind.

That, and those who have worked with him have always come back with stories of just how insane he is.

lol this guy is retarded,if hes movies are suposed to be good them it will hav get good reviews isnt?

but the postal movie sounds interesting

DeusExMachinia said:
Postal will be his only good videogame movie. I can guarentee you that.

Postal sounds good. But dunno maybe FarCry will be good? Lets hope so, i really care for that ip :/

Far Cry's storyline was shite, i doubt the movie will be any better.

Pff, nothing this asshole churns out will be any good, ever. After seeing the trailer for Bloodrayne more than once I can safely say that I am more stupider from the experience. :|

Whine about how your stupid shit movies aren't any good some more, Boll. Someone cares. Someone who is a moron.

err, i think he would be required to contact the game developers, not vice versa.

at least we 'know' the halo movie will be good, a good director, the developer is having alot of input and good financial backing.

Well...if he actually really tried very hard to make up a good storyline, and actually spend a long time fixing his mistakes, he may yet, make a good movie. He is in no shape what so ever to make movies out of games. I would like to see an original story by him rather than picking stories already written in games and totally butchring the story and the game. I don't feel sorry for him at all. The games he chooses to make them into movies are very poor choices...House of the Dead?? A very short arcade game that has no story except to kill as many zombies as you can. Alone in the Dark was a great game on the Dreamcast, but he butcherd that story and game as well...and Bloodrayne, is just another vampire movie...like we need anymore of those.

Lets face it...you want people to like your movies...then MAKE GOOD MOVIES!! Don't blame the public for your failures...listen to the public rather than bash them..at least they paid to see your horse shit.

It's great news to me that he might be stopping this horrible trend after making another horrible and pointless movie out of FarCry. Another poor choice for a movie.

Uwe Boll is a failure in every movie he made so far, and I don't see them getting better anytime soon. I hope he quits making movies, games or no games, he's no good.

I want to make a movie based on the book i'm trying to write. But first I need to write the book. Unfortunately its vampire/werewolf related, which will unfortunately get me branded as a Underworld clone <sighs>

But mine is nothing like underworld! Argh!

Not to mention all the bullshit i'd get from White Wolf if I tried to create something akin to that. I wanna createsomething from my love of werewolves and vampires! Even if its inspired by white wolf material.

<cries>

Back