Valve clears up Adrian Shepherd Portal speculation.

Sloth

Tank
Reaction score
Another short article has been unleashed from the Eurogamer; this time crushing rumours that the ?Aperture Science Handheld Portal Device?, with the initials of ASHPD have any connection to the Opposing Force star Adrian Shepherd.[br]
"Total freak coincidence!" he {Doug Lombardi} declared, exploding with laughter. "We're not going to be coy - it's just one of those weird things where we saw that and went, 'Oh sh**, it does!' It surprised us as much as anybody else."
[br]
To read the full article, head over here[br]
Cheers to Digi for the heads up.

Man this is great. Just love how things like this happen.

Heh, what's next?

"No, sorry guys... G-man isn't Gordon from the future. Sorry about that. "

just a heads up...your URL is broken

"http://http//[email protected]"

wrote http twice.

also /rage @ VALVe for canceling the black box. Guess i have to get it off steam now, im not gonna pay $100(AUD) for all the games when i dont need half of them.

Was hoping to get them retail yet looks like ill have to go steam (not that its a problem really)

just a heads up...your URL is broken

"http://http//[email protected]"

wrote http twice.

also /rage @ VALVe for canceling the black box. Guess i have to get it off steam now, im not gonna pay $100(AUD) for all the games when i dont need half of them.

Was hoping to get them retail yet looks like ill have to go steam (not that its a problem really)

The package is the same on steam you can not buy them seperately.

http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Story/200703/N07.0305.1818.53359.htm

When launched, however, you won’t be able to just purchase Episode 2, Portal or Team Fortress seperately—you’ll have to buy a package.

I never imagined I could possibly get angry at Valve (this is actually the angriest I have ever been over video games and there have been some bad or dissapointing things before)

When launched, however, you won?t be able to just purchase Episode 2, Portal or Team Fortress seperately?you?ll have to buy a package.

A package consisting of EP2, Portal and TF2. :dozey:

try reading the sentence without the red mist blinding you and you'll realise they mean you can't buy any of those elements as standalone parts. IE you can't buy TF2 singularly, from Portal of EP2.

try reading the sentence without the red mist blinding you and you'll realise they mean you can't buy any of those elements as standalone parts. IE you can't buy TF2 singularly, from Portal of EP2.

Yes I know that is exactly what I am saying, I was referring to what DarkDamo was saying, that you can't get EP2 Portal and TF2 seperately or together with getting HL2 and EP1.

OK, let's go over this slower one more time.

Three games: Episode 2, Portal, Team Fortress 2.

You won't be able to buy them individually. That is, you won't be able to buy just Episode 2, for example. You have to buy all three, together, in one package. That one package contains Episode 2, Portal and Team Fortress 2.

Yes I know that is exactly what I am saying, I was referring to what DarkDamo was saying, that you can't get EP2 Portal and TF2 seperately or together with getting HL2 and EP1.

Seriously you need to get off this ranting without knowing the facts fully. You've charging around in about 4 different threads pushing this idea without even the remotest piece of evidence to support your assumptions. Yes valve did indeed ship EP1 as a standalone retail, as well as on Steam (because that was the only version going), but just because they decided to drop a retail box standalone expansion and went for release version in accord with the console editions they are shipping at the same time, doesn't necessarily support the argument that they aren't going to sell EP2 (with TF2 and Portal included) as a standalone product via Steam to those customers who already own HL2 and EP1.

Seriously you need to get off this ranting without knowing the facts fully. You've charging around in about 4 different threads pushing this idea without even the remotest piece of evidence to support your assumptions. Yes valve did indeed ship EP1 as a standalone retail, as well as on Steam (because that was the only version going), but just because they decided to drop a retail box standalone expansion and went for release version in accord with the console editions they are shipping at the same time, doesn't necessarily support the argument that they aren't going to sell EP2 (with TF2 and Portal included) as a standalone product via Steam to those customers who already own HL2 and EP1.

Okay fair enough but where is YOUR evidence that this doesn't also affect steam? Where is your evidence to say we can still get the black box on steam?

Okay fair enough but where is YOUR evidence that this doesn't also affect steam? Where is your evidence to say we can still get the black box on steam?

Sound business logic and common sense. There have never been boxes for sale through Steam, only packages. There would be no way to transfer the spare HL2/EP1 ownership if it's tied to your account.

The Orange and Black Box editions will be available at either retail stores or via Steam

That is what I have been trying to say for ages. The Black box is on both retail and steam it says it in that article. if the black box is cancelled then it is cancelled for both retail and steam.

That is what I have been trying to say for ages. The Black box is on both retail and steam it says it in that article. if the black box is cancelled then it is cancelled for both retail and steam.

The number of existing Steam users who don't already own HL2 is probably negligible, why would Valve remotely try to sell these existing HL2 players games they already own through Steam? Where is the business logic in that? How would they implement it? Try re-buying HL2 now through Steam..you don't get a purchase button, you get a play button, why? because the game is already tied to your account. Seriously move on in life, your holding evolution back.

The Black box is on both retail and steam it says it in that article. if the black box is cancelled then it is cancelled for both retail and steam.
Despite your uh, "indisputable" "logic", I'm afraid you don't appear to be incorrect. Which is a good thing, right?

This Kotaku article implies that you'll still be able to buy them individually over Steam. And if you can't:
Doug Lombardi said:
Those who purchase the PC version of The Orange Box will get three separate Steam product codes: One for the three new games, one for HL2, and one for Episode One. This way a PC Orange Box owner can give away their Half-Life 2 or Episode One unused Steam product codes if they don't need a copy of those games.
So unless you have any reliable source that disputes this, I think we're settled here. Let's get back on topic. WOO PORTAL!

how did the news post about adrian shephard turn into this?

Back