Valve Pleased With Left 4 Dead DLC Reception

DigiQ8

Tank
Reaction score
<div align="center"> </div>
[br]
It looks like the Left 4 Dead Survival Pack DLC Reception has been positive and that Valve is "Pleased" with the initial performance of the Left 4 Dead Survival Pack DLC.

? From what we?ve seen on the forums, in the press, and the gamers we met on public servers this morning, folks seem to be enjoying it so far,? he said. ?Meanwhile, the concurrent player numbers are already up from their recent averages. So positive indicators thus far.

?Releasing new content free of charge has made sense to us on many occasions,? explained Lombardi. ?We have, however, released commercial add on packs and new episodes in the past. We evaluate these decisions on a case-by-case basis. The Survival Pack was a case where we felt like it made a lot of sense for the product and community to make it available free of charge to both Xbox 360 and PC customers and we were able to work through that plan with Microsoft.?

Lombardi also said that Left 4 Dead won?t be turning up on PlayStation 3 any time soon.

That's... Slightly creepy. I can imagine Gabe steepling his fingers in a sinister manner. 'Tell the underlings I am pleased'.

This just in... Gabe opened up a tin of beans.

Really good of Valve to photograph Gabe as he made that statement and include the caption he was saying at the time!

I really don't like the new mode, but I really like Dead Air and Death Toll on Versus.

I really don't like the new mode, but I really like Dead Air and Death Toll on Versus.

Awww diddiums, is it too intense for you? :p
Seriously though I think the new game mode is simple, yet enjoyable. Sure if you get rapped repeatedly within the first few minutes it gets a bit tiresome but in general I think it’s what L4D needed. Now all I want is the SDK so I can make my home and fill it with infected!!! :D

I am not pleased at all. I am waiting for Episode 3. Source engine is getting older and older.

I am not pleased at all. I am waiting for Episode 3. Source engine is getting older and older.

How is Episode Three going to fix that?

I enjoy the new gamemode. I also enjoy the new map, as I love trying to find all pieces of graffiti I can find (my favorite is in the saferoom between DT 1 and 2, some bible quote).

Survival is going to be great for making custom maps.

So what if the Source engine is getting older. It'll be updated with Episode 3, just like it's been updated for every other game. I don't understand why people think that Source is weak now because it old? It can still hold it's own against the other gaming engines available, the only difference is that Valve kept the Source name and upgrade regularly, while everyone else do a bigger upgrade and give it a whole new name.

Why is the forum still displaying questionmarks where there should be no questionmarks!

Versus is great, I also love the new mode. And the only people I've found who don't like it are the ones who think it's "too hard:("

Back