Valve Sued For $3.1M! - ValveTime News Round-Up (1st June 2016)

Omnomnick

Retired Lead Content Creator
Staff member
Reaction score
Although slightly later than planned, this week's Round-Up episode covers an interesting and wide spread of news and discussions. Headlines from the past week include a huge sexual discrimination legal case against Valve, the release of early Vulkan support for Dota 2, and claims by Valve engineer Alan Yates that the Oculus Rift is just a big copycat!

To stay up to date with all things Valve, subscribe to our YouTube channel and follow us on Facebook and Twitter! Thanks for watching!

Valve really should put a massive external and internal update all for communication...its a work in progress at least on the external side.

Had wondered if this fan boy site would notice that. lawsuit. anyone else worried for Valve? i mean look its kinda uprising if you trust their way of doing things that stuff like this wont get to that point. Either your a flat management model or your a top down company. like Google. Lawsuits will happen and given your size you can shrug these off.

I doubt Valve has any reason to answer to the controversy. They are widely known to never respond to such things, until it is passed and the event/s is learnt from and they have a definitive answer for which helps them move forward even then it is slim they will ever speak of it. HL3 is a testament of that truth.

As for indepth.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Steam/comments/44yl24/how_a_whole_language_of_the_steam_translation/

This has been boiling for some time. I won't add fuel to the fire out of respect for Valve. Lately its like this story, a tv show i have been watch for 11 years thats still going strong. In it involves god, who left heaven etc after the creation of life and then went on the sidelines never to speak to anyone about anything until something really bad began in the 11th season. You prolly know what it is, don't shame me....i mostly enjoy animate. This is a one off halloween show. :p. It didn't really live up to the hype, mainly because the reasons for the hype were old. HL3 case in point.

For Valve nor will they admit to wrong doings. When will they tell us what happened? But yes, private even in court rooms Valve don't give information

Anyway court proceedings take a long time. Like Alice Cooper used to say on his radio show, avoid court if you can. Nothing more boring, its expensive and unsavoury truths come out. Who wants that?

We won't know for some time to come, perhaps a year or two.

Something hilarious reminds me of a funny scene from blackadder;

E: Sir Talbot represented the constituency of Dunny-on-the-Wold, and, by
an extraordinary stroke of luck, it is a rotten borough.

G: Really! Is it! Well, lucky-lucky us. Lucky-lucky-luck.
(as a chicken) Luck-luck-LAKK-LAKK-LAKK-LAKK-cluck-cluck-cluck-cluck-
cluck-LAKK-LAKK-LAKK.

E: You don't know what a rotten borough is, do you, sir.

G: No.

E: So what was the chicken impression in aid of?

G: Well, I just didn't want to hurt your feelings. Erm, so, what is a robber
button?

E: *Rotten borough*.

G: Oh, yes, you're right.

E: A rotten borough, sir, is a constituency where the owner
of the land corruptly controls the both the voters and the MP.

G: Good, yes...and a robber button is...?

E: Could we leave that for a moment? Dunny-on-the-Wold is a tuppenny-
ha'penny place. Half an acre of sodden marshland in the Suffolk Fens
with an empty town hall on it. Population: three rather mangy cows, a
dachshund named `Colin', and a small hen in its late forties.

G: So, no people at all, then? apart from Colin...

E: Colin is a dog, sir.

Last edited:
Back