Victim Impact statement petition.....

Z

zonn44

Whilst Valve is assessing where to go from here I have a suggestion for the HL community to contritute positively.

When the hacker comes to trial if the Judge is presented with a petition by ,well us, urging the judge to be very severe in sentencing perhaps he'll give the asswipes responsible a longer sentence and/or bigger fine.

It might also act as a deterrent to other hackers thinking of committing similiar crimes.

I have no idea how to start off such a petition so perhaps Valve itself should look into kicking this off.

I'm sure you could get easily 1 million names worldwide on such a petition (more than what was needed to oust Davis hehe) .

Perhaps a special website with legal clauses such as the licencing stuff MS makes you sign would make such a petition legally presentable as part of a Victim Impact Statement so the Judge can assess the destrucyion caused not just from Valve's perspective.
AND SCREW THE HACKER BADDDD

Nah, public outcry from a large group of mostly kids and young adults will do nothing in the American Judicial system.

First learn to spell, then what exactly has the hacker caused you in damages?

Then drop this idea.

well, sorry, but do you know how the judicial system works? It's not up to us, we have no influence on it at all.

he better get a long sentance >.<

i'd hate to see him walk for this, hell, not even a fine is good enough.

Do you have any idea how many signatures this thing would need? Basically more than 90% of the United States people.

God people, just let him get this thing arranged if he wants to. If he actually makes the petition it would take us all a second to sign it and it certainly can't make things worse.

Originally posted by Necro
he better get a long sentance >.<

i'd hate to see him walk for this, hell, not even a fine is good enough.

Actually, a seven-digit fine would suit me quite amicably.

Back