Vivendi

Will you get retail?

• Yes, I was but not anymore, STEAM STEAM STEAM.

Votes: 22 15.3%
  • Yes, I am still getting retail, thay are not to bad.

Votes: 34 23.6%
  • I was always going to get it on steam.

Votes: 68 47.2%
  • Crap poll.

Votes: 20 13.9%

• Total voters

GWalker

Reaction score
In light of vivendi being scum.

Who was going to buy retail, but is now getting it on steam?

I'm getting it retail, nothing beats the feeling of holding the box on the release day while traveling home on the buss.

we all knew it wasnt going to be unlocked earily......well i knew it wouldn't and afew others

Mevoki said:
I'm getting it retail, nothing beats the feeling of holding the box on the release day while traveling home on the buss.
You need a life, "nothing feels better than holding a box"??? :LOL:
Just think for a moment about what statement you are making. :thumbs:

Guys please let us know why you are still getting retail?
56k modem, you like holding a box, you like having the manual(no copy gets a manual), what?.

I was always going to get it on steam, mainly because I like the idea of Digital Delivery.

Feel free to whinge all you want about it, 56kers, it's still a good idea.

I hope people dnt start to say , im now getting steam so i dnt give money to vivendi, i say this on every thread like this , it doesnt maker any difference to them if u buy retail or not.

IM buying steam and retail

GWalker said:
You need a life, "nothing feels better than holding a box"??? :LOL:
Just think for a moment about what statement you are making. :thumbs:

56k modem, you like holding a box, you like having the manual(no copy gets a manual), what?.

One day, you will learn that nothing actually does feel better than box... Oh wait, he meant THAT box...

Revenge said:
One day, you will learn that nothing actually does feel better than box... Oh wait, he meant THAT box...
ROFL :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Good one :cheers:

If you name one publisher on this planet that wouldn't act like Vivendi is I will be impressed.

The_Monkey said:
If you name one publisher on this planet that wouldn't act like Vivendi is I will be impressed.

All game publishers are Evil :devil:

EDIT: Valve is not a publisher :bonce:

What about steam, thats a distribution system, same thing as publishing!!!
They sent me my box and everything, cutting out the middle men.

Mevoki said:

ooo yeah, that's right.

I'm buying retail because mainly because i have no means of buying online, but also because i want a portable method of storage (of Hl2) so that i wont have to redownload it if my pc fluffs up.

GWalker said:

- I'd like to delay the installation of Steam as long as possible
- I want to own a physical product
- I like the game buying, home taking and installing ritual
- I don't want to give Valve a bigger piece of the pie after their multiple screwups and, erm, displays of misinformation

Standard issue retail package for me.

Oh, almost forgot:

- I don't have a credit card (and don't particularly care to get one either)

Steam is inevitable, it is your destiny.
Buy a DVD-WRITER, backup steam - Bang physical copy.
No comment, other than I've got better things to do this my time.
VALVE deserve to get more than VIVENDI.
Ask yourself - what do VIVENDI do that VALVE could not do?
Then ask yourself what VALVE do that VIVENDI could not do?
create a ground breaking game,engine, I think you will find they could not.
conceive and implement a digital content system second to none, no.

X-Vector said:
- I don't want to give Valve a bigger piece of the pie after their multiple screwups and, erm, displays of misinformation
That's pure b/s; if you 'hate' valve for their so-called screwups, why the hell are u buying their game?
See, thats the trouble with brats like you. valve is about the only gaming-company who is that open to their fans. They take the time to listen, to read your emails and even reply, to post in fora, to let ppl visit their offices, and you complain about troubles they've had.

My guess is every company has its troubles, problem with the openness of Valve is that most people only see the bad things.

Same with the beginning of steam a while ago, ppl only complaining about the (natural) problems arising with such a new system, while its really a great programme.

i admit when steam came out over a year ago, i used it for about 2 hours and i was to scared to go back for at least 6 months.

im getting on retail. I went in to my local game store and asked to see if they where going to sell it a day early but he said no, but we do have it in the back. (with a grin on his face) hehe

Getting the game on dvd beats having to download and burn the files. Also it was cheaper.

I was originally going to get the boxed version for the box, manual, and cd case, and just the fact of having something solid in hand.

But now: no manual, no cd case (just those paper sleeves) and the hassle of going to the store. And, it's now easy enough to make a backup copy.

Add in the latest VUG "thing"...

So Steam for me now.

Any other publisher would delay it the same.

Go go go Steam!

Valve made the game, they deserve the moneyZ.

Bought it for CS:S.. Then, my hype suddenly switched over to Half-Life 2.. :)

I considered retail, but succeeded in negotiating Mom to buy me HL2 Silver over Steam.. Otherwise, I'd have to take a trip to Media Markt on 16.11...

Back