VUG will not be making any announcements in the near future.

G

as for HL2, I don’t have any new information on the release date. I’ve seen the “rumors” you’re speaking of on the HL forums, and have dismissed them. I don’t consider anything I read on fan forums as gospel. VUG will not be making any announcements in the near future.
Amy

Amy Farris / PR Manager

Vivendi Universal Games

Dennis s. ( Gamershell admin/ North American PR Coordinator News Editor and Reviewer ) was kind enough to send me this piece of of statement.

So the left hand doesn't know what the right one does... good organisation within VU.

is this a good thing or a bad thing? or either?

While it looks official, you're going to have to back that up more to really convince most people.
I'm a little skeptical myself.

I am actually chating with Dennis Now, here is more update :

"Valve is currently maintaining a Sept. 30 release date."

Amy Farris / PR Manager

Vivendi Universal Games

That means HL2 will be out First on steam !

you should take screenshots and post them...most people aren't going to believe you unless you do :p

Why would anyone bother starting a thread like this if it was B.S. anyway?

It's hard to believe anyone would be that bored.

Originally posted by Meteor_of_War

1. people ARE that bored
2. it's been done before

: )

how hard is it to just officially announce a press release either from vivendi to retailers or from valve saying the game is out sept 30th and end all this bs :flame:

you would be surprised

Well true or not, we'll find out soon enough.

I'm anticipating HL2 but not as much as most of you...seems like an obsession around here, which doesnt necessarily have to be a bad thing.:)

Originally posted by Irs2k3
That means HL2 will be out First on steam !

Not necessarily. Those PR dudes don't even know what happens during manufacturing. She prolly thinks when Valve says 30th, VU will have shipped the boxes till then. I worked at a computer wholesales before, those telemarketters and marketing clowns didn't have a clue AT ALL about what happened in the warehouse. Similar case here probably too.

Hell's Demon // GH says:
Dennis S. North American PR Coordinator News Editor and Reviewer
Hell's Demon // GH says:
i'm in direct contact
Hell's Demon // GH says:
with all north american publishers
Hell's Demon // GH says:
so i asked to clarify rumours
Hell's mightiness // Irs2k3 says:
cool !
Hell's Demon // GH says:
it can be tho
Hell's Demon // GH says:
that it'll come out on steam
Hell's Demon // GH says:
:/
It will come First on steam !
damn That was expected !
But the game is still as schedule
Hell's Demon // GH says:
indeed
30 september
Hell's Demon // GH says:
there
Hell's Demon // GH says:
asked to clarify
Hell's Demon // GH says:
once again, same thing
Hell's Demon // GH says:
Valve is currently maintaining a Sept. 30 release date.

Amy Farris / PR Manager

Vivendi Universal Games

Hell's Demon // GH says:
only VALVE
Hell's Demon // GH says:
meaning steam first
cool
Thanks Dennis For the info !

This a Piece of the Log file between me and Dennis !

Originally posted by switch
you would be surprised

wow someone that can spell surprised correctly! i didn't think anybody cared anymore. now if only people will use adverbs :\

even tv commericals are saying things like "send emails quicker" instead of "send emails more quickly" :\

If it comes out on the 30th through steam, and the boxed version in mid. November.... imagine the warez scene.:dozey:

i know i'll dl the warez if it comes out before i can buy it...then i'll get my pre-ordered copy when it's out...

but what about steam? if you've gotta have a valid cdkey to play, you're screwed.

so without hacks/cracks to play without steam, you'll have to get the single player only warez...but i don't think they're gonna sell the sp only version on steam...that kind of skips the point :D

Valve should secretly leak a warez HL2 that contains a virus that completely fries your hard drive after about half an hour of play.

Gabe has said HL2 is coming out in Stores and Steam at the same time. If it doesn't come out Sept 30th in stores, it won't be on Steam either.

Garp showing his Age, Mentality, and lack of knowledge of the law.

Because its illigal for anybody to touch any equipment of yours without you authorising them.

Thats why you see all these little amature virus makers getting locked up.

Unless you were joking in which case

har .... har... that was extreamly funny! <- sarcasm

and again below me

Originally posted by Garp
Valve should secretly leak a warez HL2 that contains a virus that completely fries your hard drive after about half an hour of play.

I second that.

Steam?

Heh.

meteor of war = uber noob

You know Public Relations people don't actually have to tell the truth right? On top of that if they are hiding a secret they ain't gonna tell it to some guy on an instant messenger..

Infact what's to say Public Relations even know, they're much more convincing if the more important people within the company don't tell them things.

I'd like to point out that I love Steam and rarely have any problems with it.

Also, if VUG would make an official announcement about Half-Life 2 it would be the first time.

Have a look at their game press releases: http://www.vugames.com/corporate_news.do

They never mention anything about Half-Life 2, even in the one about E3.

This is because Valve are the ones who give out the press releases. So any announcement would come from Valve.

Originally posted by Andy018
Garp showing his Age, Mentality, and lack of knowledge of the law.

Because its illigal for anybody to touch any equipment of yours without you authorising them.

Thats why you see all these little amature virus makers getting locked up.

Unless you were joking in which case

har .... har... that was extreamly funny! <- sarcasm

and again below me

Obviously I know they would never do that. I would just like to see the warez brats get burned. So no, I'm not showing my age, mentality, or knowledge of the law. I'm showing my disrespect toward thieves.

Obviously I know they would never do that. I would just like to see the warez brats get burned. So no, I'm not showing my age, mentality, or knowledge of the law. I'm showing my disrespect toward thieves.

i've downloaded plenty of warez...and i've purchased every single thing i've downloaded...if it wasn't stupid and worthless and horrible

and if i downloaded the warez version of hl2 and had a pre-ordered version coming, then i dont think i'm actually in violation of the liscence agreement :p

Originally posted by Maskirovka
i've downloaded plenty of warez...and i've purchased every single thing i've downloaded...if it wasn't stupid and worthless and horrible

and if i downloaded the warez version of hl2 and had a pre-ordered version coming, then i dont think i'm actually in violation of the liscence agreement :p

I'm happy that you do buy what you download, but you have to understand that as long as the software is out there, for every honest soul like yourself there are countless others who don't share your reasoning.

Back