Weekend Deals: 75% off Darksiders, Monday Night Combat Free Weekend

Dekstar

Companion Cube
Reaction score
1300432390_darksiders-header.jpg
Darksiders, Epic hack'n'slash adventure game is 75% off this weekend. Costing $10 (USD), or £5.00 for us Brits, Darksiders is an absolute steal with a pretty nifty 86 Metacritic score.[br]The Game also comes with 43 Steam achievements to unlock; if you're looking for a cheap way of gaining some Steam-cred, or just looking for a cheap underrated gem, this is the game for you.[br]
1300432987_MondayNightCombat-Header.jpg
Monday Night Combat is a cartoony class-based third-person shoot'em'up set in a future where these violent activities are classed as sports. Full of gorgeous graphics, entertaining gameplay and persistent stat-keeping, you'll probably end up playing it not just on Monday, but every other day too.[br]Yes, there are also achievements (50 of them), and if you love the game so much you want to buy it, then you should do that this weekend too, as it's got a whole 33% off.

Everyone come MNC with me finally... I'm tired of being so awesome on my own.

Everyone come MNC with me finally... I'm tired of being so awesome on my own.

Played it for 2 days then quickly regretted those 2 days. It's a quality game and all, but after a while it feels like you're playing against robots.

Played it for 2 days then quickly regretted those 2 days. It's a quality game and all, but after a while it feels like you're playing against robots.

It plays like any other DOTA game really. You're playing against robots and towers. The dynamic aspect comes down to the other team. If they suck you really are playing against just robots and towers. If they're good, you got a good game on your hands. The problem I see is that, with the way rewards work in the game, once you get momentum you can't really lose... so you get either a steamroll game after the first five minutes or you get a really tough back and forth until overtime. The latter is what I enjoy about it.

On a side note, can anyone tell me more about Darksiders?

I read some reviews, and the general consensus was that it was a good game that shamelessly takes from other titles like God of War, Devil May Cry, and Zelda.

I've never played any of those games, so I can't say :p. I can say that aside from hack n slashing hordes of monsters, there is also exploration of an open world and puzzles to solve. So far I find it surprisingly fun.
The setting, creature design, and story are what I find most intriguing.. It's just an apocalyptic over the top, macho gorefest of killing Demons and Angels (You play one of the four horsemen of the apocalypse, and you are there after the world has ended)

All of those are console games though... how well does that feel in PC town?

Sure, feels fine to me. Then again, I am not picky about ports unless they are really bad.

Back