Brink is 50% off on Steam for the weekend

-smash-

Content Director
Reaction score
[br]
As part of the Quakecon 2011 Steam Sale, Brink from Bethesda is free to play for the entire weekend. If you decide that you like it, you can grab it at 50% off, making that $24.99, or ?14.99 for the guys across the pond.
[br]
The free weekend ends Sunday at 1PM PST, and the discount is effective until Monday at 10AM PST.
[br]
As an added perk, purchase Brink and you will receive the "The Anger" hoodmask for your Team Fortress 2 characters.
[br]
Metacritic rating: 70/100
[br]
Click here to visit Brink's Steam page.

I dunno why this is the deal for the day for the Quakecon thing when it's been going on since Thursday...

I saw Brink somewhere online for like $15 new so no thanks. Also the reviews for this game are iffy

Still not worth it. Sorry to be so negative, but I honestly was so pumped for this game's release. Once I got my hands on it, I was bored and angry with it within the same day of playing it. Sold it to a friend the next day.

Bah, I haven't really had the chance to try it. :(

I must say there are few games that can compete with wasting my money that I have bought, for full price. They are Enter the Matrix, Star Wars: Battlefront 2 (I played 10min and got killed instantly but it was a $5 who cares), The Thing (it had it's moments but it was console like and FREAKIN HARD). Brink I put in my review on Steam as:
This game sucks so much it's not even worth pirating. It's a terrible, terrible game.
Then you got the people who are all like "oh but you must play online and play more to get better" and "if you like Quake Wars then you will like this". It plays and looks nothing at all like Quake Wars! The bots are mixed in with the online game, the levels suck, guns, and it's buggy. Really it's a TARP! *I think the game has a problem running OpenGL with AMD cards as well. OpenGL is like the bread to a sandwhich or something. It's so basic that 99% of games use it but Brink managed to fail and after all these months still has a hard time running it.

I feel bad for Splash Damage, I still have a lot of respect for their work on RTCW's multiplayer and Enemy Territory, I sunk a lot of hours into the competitive side of those games. Since then, their attempts at scratch building a follow up have been ambitious but lacking for me.

For everyone, really. They've not been successful fiscally or critically. But yeah... I tend towards that nostalgia train as well.

Just bought Fallout 3 GOTY and Fallout New Vegas for $20 cha-ching!

The one time I listened to the whiners over on the Steam forums. Its not like I bought it with the mind set that I'd hate it I gave it a good flogging playing with a mate and yet still. Utter crap.

Back