"A Place in the West", a Fan-Made Half-Life Comic, is Now on Steam Greenlight

-smash-

Content Director
Reaction score
spacer.png

header.png

Taking off after the events of the Seven Hour War, A Place in the West follows new characters into new territories within the Half-Life universe. Created by Ross Joseph Gardner, Michael Pelletier, Heath Heil, and Rachel Deering, this fan-made comic has now found itself in a new position as a contender on Steam Greenlight.

The first issue of A Place in the West will feature 5 brand new pages, and if Greenlit, will come contained within a comic book app. Additional perks include full English and Russian translations of the text, as well as a "Behind the Scenes" video featuring a commentary track of the writers explaining many aspects of the comic's development.

apw-1.jpg

Steam has few comics available to its users. There isn't even a "Comics" category on Steam Greenlight, so the creators of A Place in the West have had to file their project as a game. The creators of A Place in the West posit that it's time Steam open up the pipes for other content mediums, such as comics, music, and more, so that consumers are exposed to a wider range of entertainment.

Question is, they're ready for Steam to open up to more entertainment mediums - are you?

Follow A Place in the West on:

Last edited:
I think it would be pretty cool to have a comics category on steam. It could even make getting new issues of tf2 comics easier as I could see there being a feature where you subscribe to a comic series (not necessarily having to pay [it should be up to the comic writer]) and you will receive notifications for new issues.

well Steam has tons of "Visual Novels" which are basicly just comics arent they.

Cool. I see Samon and Yorick are still alive and kicking somewhere out there!

Back